Possible Closure of BLSO
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    R/C Apprentice

Possible Closure of BLSO

Dear All
    Over the past few months (possibly even longer) the BLSO committe & others have been trying to get the club going by organising open days , family days, practice days & on the rare occasion - race days.
    Unfortunately - without much sucess - it seems tyhat the numbers are no longer there. This has meant that the funds available to us to make sure we can maintain the facility at Wacol have dwindled to the extent that the club is no longer viable. Gary & I can no longer aford ( & refuse) to use any more of own personal money to maintain the track just to have a few people turn up.
    Unless we can find a generous benifactor to inject some money into the club in the next week or two - we will have no option to close it down.
    This a great disapointment as I beleive we have a fantastic facility at Wacol but unfortunately we can not generate the numbers necessary to make it work.
    A big thankyou to Gary & Matt & to all other people (past & present) who have supported us.
    I will make a final post next week letting the QLD 1/5th community know the final outcome
    Marty
    I live with fear every day - but sometimes she lets me race

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator
    This is Sad News indeed....Common Guys, if you know anyone looking to invest in a Community Sporting Organization, or have a Boss the needs to make some charitible donations in this current tax year, now is the time to put it on them.

Support a local club that needs it before we lose it.

All the best to the club.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Baja...Because Size Matters!

Everybody is adding famous quotes to their sigs, so...My Mother to my Father on Disciplining me as a child....You hit him Noel, My Arm is getting tired.

R/C God

Central Coast [email protected]#ken AYE!!
    That is sad news..

You qld guys need to get behind the BLSO and keep it viable.
    Nothing worse than trying to find a venue for a race track.
    You guys have got 1 and should be working hard to keep it.
    " Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe. "
    Albert Einstein
    US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Is it possible to give us an idea of what sort of recurring funding is needed to keep the track going each year?
    Oddified FG Baja Comp 4X4, FG Evo On Road X2
    MCD RR V4, MCD Cheetah V4
    All driven from a Futaba 4PK
    and too many helicopters to count!

i hope this turns into good news and fast
    VOLS Founding Member
    VOLS Treasurer
    HPI baja 5T
    ROVAN baja 5T

R/C Apprentice
    That is pretty bad news! I hope you guys can turn it around!

Senior Moderator
    One of the largest problems as I see it, the weather up here has been diabolicle, it has rained so many week ends over the last few months that track use has been next to impossible. That alone must have had a huge impact on the clubs income and finances.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Baja...Because Size Matters!

Everybody is adding famous quotes to their sigs, so...My Mother to my Father on Disciplining me as a child....You hit him Noel, My Arm is getting tired.

R/C Apprentice

Bslo

Quote Originally Posted by towie964 View Post
    One of the largest problems as I see it, the weather up here has been diabolicle, it has rained so many week ends over the last few months that track use has been next to impossible. That alone must have had a huge impact on the clubs income and finances.
    Guys
    I guess it has been a combination of things that has caused us to come to this point.
    I won't go into too much detail as a lot of you already know some of the reasons but the weather in the past 12 mths certainly has been a contributing factor.
    Its the nature of the beast I guess.
    We had the floods in Jan last year which caused a lot of damage. We managed to get the track to a reasonable condition but as Towie said it seemed to rain every W/E we tried to plan an event - this meant that we couldn't get into the track to maintain it
    I also put it down to that fact that people have other priorities in life these days & as everyone knows - it's not a cheap hobby.
    I accept some of the blame as I haven't been able to give the club my full attention it needs & deserves due to the need to run & operate my business (which sometimes is 24/7) & the back up & numbers needed just isn't there anymore (no offence to those who have tried to help). The club can't survive with just few members.
    If anyone has any suguestions - we welcome the input but we have to be honest with ourselves & the viability of the club as it stands at the moment is such that it we have no other options.
    Marty
    Last edited by fossil056; 24-04-2012 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Spelling

R/C Apprentice
    Just a sign of the times and how the economy controls the outcome.

The poor attendances at most clubs around AUST are down so don’t go hard on yourselves thinking where did we go wrong.
    When a family has financial commitments and for some job security is looming, or the work load has lessened then worrying times and less spending.So some things you have to be let go like hobbies.

Quote Originally Posted by pbnz View Post
    Is it possible to give us an idea of what sort of recurring funding is needed to keep the track going each year?
    So, how much money does the club need to keep its doors open?
    Spec-R S1 - Hobao GPX4 - TT EB4 S3 - Kyosho Inferno EP - LRP S10 BX - Serpent LX - 3Racing FGX F1

R/C Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber View Post
    So, how much money does the club need to keep its doors open?
    It's hard to put a real $ value on whats required at the monment but I would estimate at least $5-8K.
    The tracks needs a rebuild (due to the floods & rains washing a lot of the topsoil away) - lots of weeds & overgrown grasses need attending to.
    I had it slashed last week but as Queenslanders know with the rains and humidity - it will need doing again very soon. We poisioned the weeds / grasses about a month ago but the buggers still managed to grow back
    We also need new drainage system & the infrastucture (fences, drivers stand, silt fences etc) need some work.
    As you can see that is quite a bit of money.
    Regular upkeeps costs are about $500-600 every couple of months- slashing/track prep and toping up the water tank for race meetings. And that is only if we can get people to help with working bees.

People love to us the track when covenant for them, but when it comes to working Bee's, Oh sorry but i am going away that weekend it happens all the time, money for the up keep of the track is the easy part getting everyone to help out at the same time with the track up keep is the hard part, Good luck i hope you can work thing's out.

R/C Apprentice
    Edenhope track would have been one of the best tracks in Australia,now i’d say it would be overgrown with weeds.People just lost interest.

RC Track.jpg

track2.jpg

In the US they sometimes have trouble giving all the drivers a run in one day and there are hundreds of spectators. In Australia there would be lucky to be 20 drivers and a hand full of familly members as spectators at a meeting. I don't know how Australian tracks survive as long as they do.

Good luck saving the track, there should be more of them and better media coverage to bring in the crowds.

I wish the RC distributors would advertise there products on TV.
    Come to Lake Centenary in Temora to run your RC boat. Free BBQ's, power points, great amenities with hot showers, a childs sandpit/play area and lots of shade sails around the lake edge. It's 2km out of town, fresh water and gas boats are welcome.

R/C Apprentice
    It's a good point you raised there WIZ.Kinda get the feeling no one cares or could be bothered.

R/C Apprentice
    Is part of the problem that you only run 1/5th scale? (sorry i'm not all that familiar with BLSO - just throwing ideas out there...) Could you open up to other scales (ie. larger audience/less specialized?) to improve viability?

R/C Guru
    A 1:8 scale would be cool. Rheres already a tenth scale off-road track not that far away. Problem is it would also increase the maintainence costs too.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

R/C God
    I've tried a 1/10 on a 1/5 track, it's like trying a pee wee 50 on a full size mx track lol looks funny but just struggles all round

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    1 x HPI Baja - 3 x HPI Blitz - 2 x HPI E10
    2 x AE SC18 -1 x Traxxas Ken Block Rally
    1 x Losi 1/24 SCT - 1 x Tamiya VDF Gold
    1 x build in progress Losi 5ive - MGM, Lehner 3080
    1 x HPI EBaja - Castle Cremations

R/C Apprentice
    Couldn't the track be designed to suite most scales,i think it can if it's thought out sensibly.
    The club doesn't have to throw in the towel yet.

I even dont know what should i say. this is the worst news ever

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast