First taste of country life

First taste of country life

I have finally been accepted by a few farmers in the community and I got my first taste of country life. My job over the weekend was driving a tractor with an auto bailer connected to the PTO. There was a slasher running ahead of me and I was picking up the lucern hay behind it and bailing up 2m X 1m round bails. The field was a km square and we got 600 bails out of it.

It was a sight to see a field covered with lucern turn into an infantry of bails lined up in rows like soldiers. We were bailing one every minute!

I wouldn't have missed it for anything, we started at 6.30am, had a few breaks in between and finished at 9.30pm. It was amazing to see two machines running around the paddock in the dark with their lights on while I was having my break.

Cheers, Brett.
    Last edited by PC WIZ; 23-04-2012 at 01:05 AM.
    Come to Lake Centenary in Temora to run your RC boat. Free BBQ's, power points, great amenities with hot showers, a childs sandpit/play area and lots of shade sails around the lake edge. It's 2km out of town, fresh water and gas boats are welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Doesn't sound like a bad way to spend a day

To be honest, I had to look up what Lucerne was though
    • TLR 22T 2.0 • MST FXX-D • Tamiya CW-01 • Tamiya DT-02 • Slash LCG 4x4 VXL •

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lol, at least you worked out how to spell it! Cheers for that, it was an eye opener for sure. I can't believe how they throw these huge big machines around the paddock. Id'e hate to be in the way!

Lucerne is for feeding sheep, horses and cattle.

The first few hours I spent digging a hole for a camp oven for lunch break.
    Last edited by PC WIZ; 23-04-2012 at 02:08 AM.
    Come to Lake Centenary in Temora to run your RC boat. Free BBQ's, power points, great amenities with hot showers, a childs sandpit/play area and lots of shade sails around the lake edge. It's 2km out of town, fresh water and gas boats are welcome.

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator little_drifter's Avatar
    So does this mean youll have some more cash in ya pocket for RC?

ITs 2:49am and I am off to work in a minute. Ahhh starting at 6:30am would be great!

AIR:
    DJI Phantom - Spektrum DX9 Mode 2, Hobbyking Bixler v1.1

Yeah, just a bit more for some RC bits.

My boss is a huge talker, we left at 8am to start work but he likes to stop and chat with people. It's now 9.51 and I left him up the road and told him to come get me at home when he's ready to start work. I have never met anyone like him, he's a dead set chatter box. lol

Quote Originally Posted by PC WIZ View Post
    Yeah, just a bit more for some RC bits.

My boss is a huge talker, we left at 8am to start work but he likes to stop and chat with people. It's now 9.51 and I left him up the road and told him to come get me at home when he's ready to start work. I have never met anyone like him, he's a dead set chatter box. lol
    Most bosses are like that. I think it's just part of being a boss.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Hobao Hyper 8SC
    Axial SCX10
    LRP S10 Drifter
    Spektrum DX3C

whats first on the buy list pc wiz? boat?
    Associated Rival / Associated SC8.2E / Traxxas E-Maxx / Traxxas E-Revo / Thunder Tiger Mt4 G3 / Thunder Tiger ST4 G3 / HPI Savage Flux / Hpi Savage Xs / Traxxas Rustler VXL / Tamiya Gold TA05 VDF Drifter / Axial Exo Terra Buggy

Futaba 3PM - X (X2)

R/C God

Why were you not accepted prior to this?

Wrong colour clothes?
    AARCMCC Australian Champion 2012 - 2WD Outlaw

Funny you should say that, my first week in town everyone thought I was a homosexual because I wore white socks. No bull!
    My second week in town I paired up with the ugliest girl in town, word got around, problem solved! He He

Most of my spare cash will go to big kev for the Shumaker i'm paying off. The rest will get me a prop, shaft, servo and push rods for the hydro.

I just got home! Big day today....

R/C Apprentice
    Congrats!! Sounds like you enjoyed it

Look forward to the updates on your new rc stuff

Wow! I noticed I just hit 3000 posts! Woo Hoo!

I have finally been accepted by a few farmers in the community and I got my first taste of country life. My job over the weekend was driving a tractor with an auto bailer connected to the PTO. There was a slasher running ahead of me and I was picking up the lucern hay behind it and bailing up 2m X 1m round bails. The field was a km square and we got 600 bails out of it.

It was a sight to see a field covered with lucern turn into an infantry of bails lined up in rows like soldiers. We were bailing one every minute!

I wouldn't have missed it for anything, we started at 6.30am, had a few breaks in between and finished at 9.30pm. It was amazing to see two machines running around the paddock in the dark with their lights on while I was having my break.

Cheers, Brett.
    I dunno if Lucerne hay production has changed but you sure it was a slasher ahead of you and not a windrower? Iirc lucerne needs to "dry" on the ground for a bit before being baled but I could be wrong.
    Cheers - Jeff.
    Baja 5BSS, buggys/truggys nitro rules! A couple of b/less drifters and nitro/bless helis and planes.
    Spektrum/JR and Futaba radios + empty wallet lol...

Damm city folk, dont know the differnce between a slasher and a windrower....

Senior Moderator little_drifter's Avatar
    Wow! I noticed I just hit 3000 posts! Woo Hoo!
    You have a long way to go to catch me!

Do h0m0's where white socks? I better chuck all mine out then!

AIR:
    DJI Phantom - Spektrum DX9 Mode 2, Hobbyking Bixler v1.1

Quote Originally Posted by little_drifter View Post
    You have a long way to go to catch me!

Do h0m0's where white socks? I better chuck all mine out then!
    Cheers - Jeff.
    Baja 5BSS, buggys/truggys nitro rules! A couple of b/less drifters and nitro/bless helis and planes.
    Spektrum/JR and Futaba radios + empty wallet lol...

We had to do 6 square KM's at 10m wide row's, so it had time to dry by the time the bailer picked it up. I has taken a week and still have more to do. Yes it was a windrower.

That is the thoughts of some of the older cockies in town LD. Id'e never heard of that before, it's new to me. I still wear mine Jeff, I don't give a **** what they think.
    Last edited by PC WIZ; 28-04-2012 at 07:19 PM.

Senior Moderator
    Brett the farmer...hmmm... it has a certain ring to it, wanna buy a remote control tractor?

Baja...Because Size Matters!

Everybody is adding famous quotes to their sigs, so...My Mother to my Father on Disciplining me as a child....You hit him Noel, My Arm is getting tired.

One of these?

Here's a PC game that caters to all of your agricultural urges...

And a vid showing how awesome it is!....

*language warning*
    • TLR 22T 2.0 • MST FXX-D • Tamiya CW-01 • Tamiya DT-02 • Slash LCG 4x4 VXL •