Australian RC Forums banner

How hot is too hot? Tuning new buggy

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  brett5141 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Just got my first buggy. http://www.ultrahobbies.com.au/store/product.php?productid=18897&cat=453&page=1

Got it from Hobby man, am still trying to run it in, have put through about 6-8 tanks, and am still trying to tune it. The manual says while runnging in have it 2-2 1/2 turns out, and when run in 1 1/2- 2 turns. At the moment the only way it wil run is with about 3 turns out at least and it is very hot.

THe engine is running so hot you cant really touch it for any period of time, is this normal? Am i likely to do any damage if its too hot??

thanks for the help.

Cheers

Brett

#4 ·
25% nitro will make it run a bit cooler, try Hallam hobbies or the Kid's room in Swift way (ask for Dean, tell him I sent you) for some fuel. The Hobbyman's is mixed out the back and it can be a bit inconsistent. Go in and ask them about the engine probs, they sold it to ya. :D The HBX will serve you well to get into the hobby. There was a track up off Stud rd that was racing once a month last year, dunno 'bout this year though. Plenty of people bashing in the SE suburbs though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.