[SA] Vital's Guide To Adelaide's BMX Tracks (2012) - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    R/C Newbie
    Any one interested for a bash around Adelaide north east area.have a baja n wondering where is a good place to bash with lots of dirt n jumps?thanks all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MINISTAofSINISTA View Post
    Any one interested for a bash around Adelaide north east area.have a baja n wondering where is a good place to bash with lots of dirt n jumps?thanks all.
    You found this thread, why are you still wondering?

There's another thread for Adelaide folks to organize get togethers and bash days. It's been a bit quiet lately but we're probably due for another one.

https://www.ausrc.com/forum/showthrea...Monthly-Meetup
    • TLR 22T 2.0 • MST FXX-D • Tamiya CW-01 • Tamiya DT-02 • Slash LCG 4x4 VXL •
    •
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    •
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    •
    •

R/C Newbie
    Hi,

This thread has been a great read. Thanks very much!!!

My partner has gotten me interested in RC, and I bought my first 1/5th nitro off road buggy this weekend.

During run in, I have discovered I'm (embarassingly) uncoordinated with my lefts and rights so I'm looking for somewhere to practice and in general get use to the car without fear of throwing it into a tree or the neighbours letterbox, lol. Somewhere reasonably sized, with really good visibility and generally flat, like a low vegetation paddock.

Did any of these areas have something like this? Or does anyone know of anything similar?

Preferably Tea Tree Gully district, but happy to take a bit of drive.

Thanks!

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

You're welcome Hyped. If people find it useful then I'm happy

The closest tracks to you are Highbury and Banksia Park, but one has a lot of trees and the other is far from flat. If you just want an open space then Google Maps is your friend. You might have a football oval or something nearby just to get a feel for the car. Short grass isn't bad to drive on.
    Last edited by Vital-Blurs; 13-01-2014 at 08:07 PM.
    •
    •
    •
    •

Hey vb happy valley bmx track is currently under a rebuild.... Some large dirt jumps added

I'll try get some pics next time I'm in the area
    224rwkw V8 noise machine Gone now replaced by a oil burner VW
    Losi micro sct brushless-hyper 10sc mamba monster
    MCD rrv4 4X4 obr 27.2

Sounds good Damo. That one needed a good rebuild, which is exactly what happened at Semaphore Park recently. It's a great looking place now, but the drawback to a freshly rebuilt track is that the people putting in the work take ownership (and rightly so). We kinda need to let them have their fun and slowly sneak in once the track starts looking second hand
    •
    •
    •
    •

http://www.onkaparingacity.com/onka/...bmx_tracks.jsp
    I thought I already posted this link but I couldn't find it so here it is (maybe again)
    There are a few dotted around might need to get some scouts out to have a gander.
    Im not saying I am Batman
    Im just saying that no one has ever
    seen me and Batman in the same room together.

Yeah, you posted it in the Meetup thread I think. I've been through it and made a shortlist of spots that are worth looking at. I could add about 6 more to this thread I suppose. I was going to add them as I went
    •
    •
    •
    •

This track is on New England Drive, Woodcroft.
    Isn't the best but would be ok for bashing, Monster truck would go good here.
    Close to houses so excessive noise may be a problem. Wouldn't recommend 5th scale either.

20140119_133941.jpg
    20140119_133945.jpg
    20140119_134007.jpg
    20140119_134040.jpg
    20140119_134044.jpg
    20140119_134104.jpg
    20140119_134108.jpg

The semaphore park track has been completely rebuilt, with much steeper jumps. You should take a look.

Yeah, some of us have already checked it out and even spoke to the people as they were working on it. It was constructed by cycling enthusiasts from their own time, money and hard work, so they don't want people driving RC cars on it and we've chosen to respect that. Perhaps later on when the place isn't quite so pristine we'll start taking cars there. But at the moment we're avoiding the area.
    •
    •
    •
    •

Wow, haven't posted in here for a while, but there's a new indoor RC location in Salisbury called ESC Adelaide that people might be interested in visiting......

33 Stanbel Road. Salisbury Plain.
    7 Days until LATE!
    If the gates are open we're open. Look for the sign out the front. Find us between the BLUE sheds!

**ESC Adelaide is run full-time by only VOLUNTEERS & donations**
    ELECTRIC ONLY
    Escape for some indoor jumps or a slide
    Price is per person
    Any RC for the one price!
    $10 All day practice (Excluding competition times)
    $15 Two people (Bring a friend) all day practice (Excluding competition times)
    $15 Two visit pass all day practice (Excluding competition times) (Valid one month)
    $TBA Competitions
    Cold drinks, Tea/Coffee & snacks
    Visitors & spectators welcome

Not my photos, just a couple from their Facebook page. The place is actually a bit larger than it looks here.

https://www.facebook.com/ESCforFUN/
    •
    •
    •
    •

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567