[SA] Vital's Guide To Adelaide's BMX Tracks (2012) - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln87 View Post
    wow great thread great research, and some great finds!

question about the last one (North Terrace, Littlehampton)
    Who pays for this? the council? Its freakin epicness of a place
    Hey Lincoln, at a guess mate, I reckon it might be council? but the car club would have it's fees to help upkeep things etc.The area didn't used to always be used for both activities. I remember the gate being locked for the on road track, as it was used for the onroad cars only and they used to have people on those pocket bikes tearing around and damaging the track.

I will make a point of getting in contact with the council and asking them.

Cheers Dave.
    baja 5sct shorty, MCD RRv4 Full mod 29.5 OBR ( and lots of bling ) savage xs flux, savage x 4.6 ss, hpi firestorm flux, axial scx10, mcpx x3.

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Hey Lincoln, I rang the local council and the land that the onroad car track and the mountain bike/b.m.x. track is on, is owned by the council. The mountain bike/b.m.x track is a public access area, but the onroad car track is maintained by the Littlehampton rc car club.

Cheers Dave.
    baja 5sct shorty, MCD RRv4 Full mod 29.5 OBR ( and lots of bling ) savage xs flux, savage x 4.6 ss, hpi firestorm flux, axial scx10, mcpx x3.

R/C Newbie
    thanks mate. i'll have to get onto our local council and see if they can do anything for us around here.

Cheers. Link.

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

HAPPY VALLEY

Candy Road

Google Map

Suits anything up to 1/8th scale and noise shouldn't be a problem.

This one is a bit average. The main problem is that most of the jumps are damaged.

One weird berm. The others are overgrown with grass.

The only plus I can think of is that visibility was good
    Last edited by Vital-Blurs; 15-10-2012 at 11:37 PM.
    • TLR 22T 2.0 • MST FXX-D • Tamiya CW-01 • Tamiya DT-02 • Slash LCG 4x4 VXL •
    •
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    •
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    •
    •

ABERFOYLE PARK - Part 1

Carrickalinga Blvd (next to Happy Valley Oval)

Google Map

Suits any scale really. Noise might be a problem with houses close by.

Unfortunately this one is owned by the Happy Valley BMX Club. There was a club member there so I asked him how they feel about RC cars. Naturaly they'd rather people didn't take their cars there, but he even admitted to sometimes bringing a nitro car to the track himself.

I guess if they really wanted to keep people out they'd put up a fence. So I'll just urge people to try their best not to cause any damage if you do give it a visit.

Lots of big jumps....almost too many!

And some smaller ones.....

But mostly large ones. Some pretty big berms too.

To be honest, it wasn't that great for bashing. The jumps are a bit too close together making it hard to get nice transitions from one to another and as you can see it's mostly long straights. Visibility was pretty bad too.
    Last edited by Vital-Blurs; 04-10-2012 at 02:10 AM.
    •
    •
    •
    •

ABERFOYLE PARK - Part 2

Manning Rd

Google Map

Suits anything up to 1/8th scale and noise won't be a problem.

This one wasn't on the list but I just happened to see it on the way home from the above two tracks. It's part of a recreational area consisting of a Dog Park, Skate Park, Playground and some dirt jumps (toilets too).

Some nice fine dirt and very few rocks.

Last edited by Vital-Blurs; 04-10-2012 at 02:11 AM.
    •
    •
    •
    •

I just thought I'd mention that Kurrangga Park is getting a face-lift. It looks like they're going to do a full resurface soon. The back section I'd normaly use was fenced off with a sign saying "This section closed for resurfacing"

This turned out to be perfect because I easily found a way through the fence and pretty much had the whole area to myself
    Last edited by Vital-Blurs; 21-09-2012 at 02:41 AM.
    •
    •
    •
    •

Senior Moderator little_drifter's Avatar
    Those two aberfoyle park tracks look sweet, I didnt know about them. Actually is one near the skate park and dog park?

AIR:
    DJI Phantom - Spektrum DX9 Mode 2, Hobbyking Bixler v1.1

Quote Originally Posted by little_drifter View Post
    Those two aberfoyle park tracks look sweet, I didnt know about them. Actually is one near the skate park and dog park?
    Yep immediately north or the dog park

Quote Originally Posted by little_drifter View Post
    MMM, they do, now they will give me an excuse to handball the kids of at mums place and take the cars out.HEHE.

Cheers Dave.

The hub tracks fun but dangerous you get cocky and go big = lots of broken bits normally take two or three cars to get a good session
    224rwkw V8 noise machine Gone now replaced by a oil burner VW
    Losi micro sct brushless-hyper 10sc mamba monster
    MCD rrv4 4X4 obr 27.2

Hub = aberfoyle park
    224rwkw V8 noise machine Gone now replaced by a oil burner VW
    Losi micro sct brushless-hyper 10sc mamba monster
    MCD rrv4 4X4 obr 27.2

MORPHETT VALE - Part 1

States Road

Google Map

Suits anything up to 1/8th scale and noise won't be an issue.

This one is a good size with plenty of jumps and a few decent berms. Visibility wasn't great though.

The vegetation was a bit of a pain. Go off the track a bit and you'd get bogged in the grass.

The surface is good. Loose fine gravel, but quite a few rocks sticking up all over the place (and I don't mean that massive one on the right)

Last edited by Vital-Blurs; 05-12-2012 at 11:02 PM.
    •
    •
    •
    •

MORPHETT VALE - Part 2

Wheatsheaf Road

Google Map

This track is built and maintained by the Southern Districts Model Car Club (SDMCC) and is designed for 1/8th scale.

A huge drivers stand with plenty of cover, along with tables etc. (toilets too)

As expected the track was pretty big with plenty of jumps. Though the surface was surprisingly loose.

Last edited by Vital-Blurs; 21-12-2012 at 03:12 PM.
    •
    •
    •
    •

Quote Originally Posted by Vital-Blurs View Post
    ABERFOYLE PARK - Part 2

Manning Rd

Google Map

Suits anything up to 1/8th scale and noise won't be a problem.

This one wasn't on the list but I just happened to see it on the way home from the above two tracks. It's part of a recreational area consisting of a Dog Park, Skate Park, Playground and some dirt jumps (toilets too).

Some nice fine dirt and very few rocks.

Took my new SCTE to this one today was a bit average. I more enjoyed the dolomite trails nearby. My new SCTE is new no longer.

R/C Novice
    What an amazing resource you've created with this thread, feel free to stop by the Northern Territory any time to do the same thing up here

Quote Originally Posted by Short courser View Post
    What an amazing resource you've created with this thread, feel free to stop by the Northern Territory any time to do the same thing up here
    Cheers bud (and thanks to those who've contributed)

It's been fun actually and I'm nearing the home stretch now with only a few to go....I was hoping to get it done by the end of 2012 and it looks like I'm on track (although I wouldn't be surprised if another track or two show up later)
    •
    •
    •
    •

Like a new track in Temora.

Huge rep points if you make it out here to have a run and give us a review.
    Come to Lake Centenary in Temora to run your RC boat. Free BBQ's, power points, great amenities with hot showers, a childs sandpit/play area and lots of shade sails around the lake edge. It's 2km out of town, fresh water and gas boats are welcome.

Got shown another bmx track @ Gunda Reserve, off Gunda Road Banksia park. Some rediculously big jumps some ok little ones. -34.805674,138.737146
    http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en...ed=0CB4Q8gEwAA

Ah cool....thanks froggy.

I'll probably do that one next as it's a bit closer than the rest
    •
    •
    •
    •

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast