Australian RC Forums banner

Vital's Guide To Adelaide's BMX Tracks (2012)

[SA] 
88K views 132 replies 21 participants last post by  Vital-Blurs 
#1 · (Edited)
Vital's Guide To Adelaide's BMX & RC Tracks (2012-2013)

Ever since I bought a couple of 1/10 scale off-road cars I've struggled to find decent places to run them. Doing speed runs up and down the street is only fun for a few minutes and an open patch of flat dirt can get a bit dull after a while. What we're all looking for are tracks....tracks with jumps.

In this thread I plan to visit as many "public" BMX tracks (and a couple of RC tracks) around Adelaide as I can find. There are 38 different locations confirmed so far, it's time to start visiting each one. While I'm at it, I might aswell take a few photos and share my findings with any other RC off-roaders around Adelaide who stumble upon this thread.

I've replicated this guide as a regular website at vitalblursrc.weebly.com too.

Semaphore Park

West Beach

Broadview

Salisbury Downs

Para Vista

Salisbury Heights

Kurrangga Park

Salisbury North

Colonel Light Gardens

Mitchell Park (RC)

Elizabeth North

Golden Grove

Highbury

Hawthorndene

Littlehampton

Happy Valley (2)

Aberfoyle Park (2)

Morphett Vale (2)

Banksia Park

Gawler

St Mary's

Hallett Cove

Aldinga Beach (3)

Woodside (Post Office Rd)

Paralowie (Liberator Drv)

Andrews Farm (Davoren Rd)

Hackham (Gates Rd - Forsythe Reserve)

Reynella (Jessamine Ave)

Seaford (Grand Blvd)

Sellicks Beach (Wellington Ave)

Willunga (Railway Tce)

Woodcroft (Normandy Rd)

Vines Golf Club of Reynella (Pine St)

Thanks to little_drifter, Makavelian, froggy, sbr511, savage600 and truckzilla355 for their contributions.

Please remember that these are all public spaces and free for everyone to enjoy, but RC cars can be quite dangerous projectiles. So, while there are other people riding on the track it's probably best to give way to them. Let's face it, they're the ones in harms way and we're not. Unless you stand in the middle of the track with your transmitter :p

See less See more
#59 ·
Finally the last lot.

As far as I know the gates remain open as public access and I have not seen them closed in a long time.
You will find plenty of parking, both up the front and also down the back where the dirt action happens.

You will find that there are two section or an upper and a lower area and they basically start way up the top there and then wind their way down to the bottom.

I reckon that there are a couple of sections for the larger car 1/5 th maybe and the track will definitely suit other cars.

I don't know how to do that google map thing, but I will have a crack at it.

Cheers Dave.

#61 ·
Hey Lincoln, at a guess mate, I reckon it might be council? but the car club would have it's fees to help upkeep things etc.The area didn't used to always be used for both activities. I remember the gate being locked for the on road track, as it was used for the onroad cars only and they used to have people on those pocket bikes tearing around and damaging the track.

I will make a point of getting in contact with the council and asking them.

Cheers Dave.

#62 ·
Hey Lincoln, I rang the local council and the land that the onroad car track and the mountain bike/b.m.x. track is on, is owned by the council. The mountain bike/b.m.x track is a public access area, but the onroad car track is maintained by the Littlehampton rc car club.

Cheers Dave.

#64 · (Edited)
HAPPY VALLEY

Candy Road

Google Map

Suits anything up to 1/8th scale and noise shouldn't be a problem.

This one is a bit average. The main problem is that most of the jumps are damaged.

One weird berm. The others are overgrown with grass.

The only plus I can think of is that visibility was good :rolleyes:

#65 · (Edited)
ABERFOYLE PARK - Part 1

Carrickalinga Blvd (next to Happy Valley Oval)

Google Map

Suits any scale really. Noise might be a problem with houses close by.

Unfortunately this one is owned by the Happy Valley BMX Club. There was a club member there so I asked him how they feel about RC cars. Naturaly they'd rather people didn't take their cars there, but he even admitted to sometimes bringing a nitro car to the track himself.

I guess if they really wanted to keep people out they'd put up a fence. So I'll just urge people to try their best not to cause any damage if you do give it a visit.

Lots of big jumps....almost too many!

And some smaller ones.....

But mostly large ones. Some pretty big berms too.

To be honest, it wasn't that great for bashing. The jumps are a bit too close together making it hard to get nice transitions from one to another and as you can see it's mostly long straights. Visibility was pretty bad too.

#66 · (Edited)
ABERFOYLE PARK - Part 2

Manning Rd

Google Map

Suits anything up to 1/8th scale and noise won't be a problem.

This one wasn't on the list but I just happened to see it on the way home from the above two tracks. It's part of a recreational area consisting of a Dog Park, Skate Park, Playground and some dirt jumps (toilets too).

Some nice fine dirt and very few rocks.

#67 · (Edited)
I just thought I'd mention that Kurrangga Park is getting a face-lift. It looks like they're going to do a full resurface soon. The back section I'd normaly use was fenced off with a sign saying "This section closed for resurfacing" :p

This turned out to be perfect because I easily found a way through the fence and pretty much had the whole area to myself :dance:

#71 ·
The hub tracks fun but dangerous you get cocky and go big = lots of broken bits normally take two or three cars to get a good session

#73 · (Edited)
MORPHETT VALE - Part 1

States Road

Google Map

Suits anything up to 1/8th scale and noise won't be an issue.

This one is a good size with plenty of jumps and a few decent berms. Visibility wasn't great though.

The vegetation was a bit of a pain. Go off the track a bit and you'd get bogged in the grass.

The surface is good. Loose fine gravel, but quite a few rocks sticking up all over the place (and I don't mean that massive one on the right)

#74 · (Edited)
MORPHETT VALE - Part 2

Wheatsheaf Road

Google Map

This track is built and maintained by the Southern Districts Model Car Club (SDMCC) and is designed for 1/8th scale.

A huge drivers stand with plenty of cover, along with tables etc. (toilets too)

As expected the track was pretty big with plenty of jumps. Though the surface was surprisingly loose.

#77 ·
Cheers bud (and thanks to those who've contributed)

It's been fun actually and I'm nearing the home stretch now with only a few to go....I was hoping to get it done by the end of 2012 and it looks like I'm on track (although I wouldn't be surprised if another track or two show up later)

#78 ·
Like a new track in Temora. :smokin:

Huge rep points if you make it out here to have a run and give us a review. :p

#84 ·
Unfortunately I am still waiting on some batteries to arrive before I can give the RC8Te a run, it is my first dabble into electric (well since an old school Tamiya Frog and Astute some time in a previous century), so the Truggy is just sitting in the shed teasing me, it's agonizing :).

#86 ·
BANKSIA PARK

Gunda Road

Google Map

Suits anything up to 1/8th scale and noise might be a problem.

This one only just qualfies as a track as far as this thread goes (thanks to a berm and the odd trail) it's mostly those severe pump jumps. Any sort of racing would be next to impossible.

Some smaller stuff....

One short berm....

#88 ·
Yeah that's cool froggy, I appreciate the info either way :thumb:

It's good to find something over that side of town actually, as there doesn't seem to be too many options for people over there.

That Golden Grove one is massive isn't it?.....would suit a full size dirt bike :)

#90 ·
North West.....near Port Adelaide. Not many options over this way either. Which one of these tracks is closest to you froggy?

I wouldn't mind organizing an AusRC Adelaide meet up one day....perhaps at Kurrangga Park seeing as it's kind of central. Maybe during the xmas holidays if there was enough interest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.