[SA] Vital's Guide To Adelaide's BMX Tracks (2012) - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    ELIZABETH NORTH

Woodford Road

Google Map

Suits anything up to 1/8 scale and noise shouldn't be a problem.

This one is basically a long skinny oval with small jumps on the right and a series of identical big jumps on the left.

The small oval has decent berms and some good little jumps. Lots of opportunities for smooth landings.

A bit narrow in places but this is one of the better mini-tracks so far with good visibility.

The big jumps are pretty good. Not too much rain-damage.
    Last edited by Vital-Blurs; 02-08-2012 at 04:41 PM.
    • TLR 22T 2.0 • MST FXX-D • Tamiya CW-01 • Tamiya DT-02 • Slash LCG 4x4 VXL •
    •
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    •
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    •
    •

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

GOLDEN GROVE

The Golden Way

Google Map

Suits only the larger stuff, the Slash was dwarfed by this place. Noise won't be a problem (toilets too)

This one is pretty big and a real jump fest. Unfortunately it's quite rough in places with some serious rain-damage and rocks.

The berms are massive.....but ruined (large skatepark in the background too)

Huge height differences making visibility ok.
    Last edited by Vital-Blurs; 04-10-2012 at 01:02 AM.
    •
    •
    •
    •

R/C Guru
    MITCHELL PARK (Mitchell Park Reserve)

Bradley Grv.

I used to bash at that track, its really good and very popular, on every 1st and 3rd saturday of the month, otherwise check on rctech it has all the information
    Owned List: Rc10t4,Rc10b4.1, Rc10b44 (coming soon) Rc8be, Rc8te Losi xxx cr, xray t2rpro, Merv,

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

R/C Guru
    ELIZABETH NORTH

Woodford Road

Used to bash here, 1/8th is better. i Stopped due to bike riders complaining i got better air time than them.
    Owned List: Rc10t4,Rc10b4.1, Rc10b44 (coming soon) Rc8be, Rc8te Losi xxx cr, xray t2rpro, Merv,

Senior Moderator little_drifter's Avatar
    I found some big BMX jumps on the way to my sons soccer match this morning.

Search Magarey Road Coromandle Valley. They were pretty big, i also drove past the BMx track in Blackwood and those jumps are huge too! Now I have a car Ill have to keep it in the boot of my car and hit these tracks up!

AIR:
    DJI Phantom - Spektrum DX9 Mode 2, Hobbyking Bixler v1.1

Ah ha, I see you're getting back into cars again (did I miss a thread somewhere?)....good stuff

Was the allure of all these local tracks just too much for you?
    •
    •
    •
    •

I just had a short break! but now I am back.

AIR:

HIGHBURY

Corner of Awoonga Ave and Lower North East Rd

Google Map

Suits any scale and noise might be a problem.

This one is pretty average. It's quite spread out and barely qualifies as a track. Still, if you live in this part of town it's better than nothing.

That tree has arms, a bike and a shovel.

Some tiny berms about the place.

Last edited by Vital-Blurs; 10-07-2013 at 12:02 AM.
    •
    •
    •
    •

Hey Mr blurs, I was just out at littlehampton behind the on road track and there is a mountain bike track back there.

Not sure if it fits into the criteria for the thread?

Cheers Dave.
    baja 5sct shorty, MCD RRv4 Full mod 29.5 OBR ( and lots of bling ) savage xs flux, savage x 4.6 ss, hpi firestorm flux, axial scx10, mcpx x3.

Thanks for the info Dave. It looks alright from above.

Is that only accessable through the Littlehampton RC club?.....I can see a gate at the North Terrace entrance (I was trying to avoid jumping fences to reach tracks and didn't want to encourage others to do so with this thread)
    •
    •
    •
    •

Quote Originally Posted by Vital-Blurs View Post
    Thanks for the info Dave. It looks alright from above.

Is that only accessable through the Littlehampton RC club?.....I can see a gate at the North Terrace entrance (I was trying to avoid jumping fences to reach tracks and didn't want to encourage others to do so with this thread)
    The gate used to be locked, as the on road track had people running a muck on it, but now that the track are up behind it, it seems to be open all the time and accesible to the public and there are even toilets ( that is a must ).

I can always get some pics for ya mate and upload them?

I think you'll find that there are two areas or two sets of tracks.

Cheers Dave.
    baja 5sct shorty, MCD RRv4 Full mod 29.5 OBR ( and lots of bling ) savage xs flux, savage x 4.6 ss, hpi firestorm flux, axial scx10, mcpx x3.

Oh ok.....sounds good. Toilets too?.....luxurious!

If you're going back there at some point and don't mind taking a few pics that'd be cool. You can always email them to me unless you can sort of copy the format I got going here
    Last edited by Vital-Blurs; 23-08-2012 at 07:52 PM.
    •
    •
    •
    •

Quote Originally Posted by Vital-Blurs View Post
    Oh ok.....sounds good. Toilets too?.....luxurious!

If you're going back there at some point and don't mind taking a few pics that'd be cool. You can always email them to me at [email protected] unless you can sort of copy the format I got going here
    I will get some in the next couple of days for you and email them to you, that might be easier.

I use a photo program called gimp to downsize pics to email etc, what size would you like them sent as?

Cheers Dave.

Awesome

So far, they've all been 1600x1200.
    Last edited by Vital-Blurs; 12-08-2012 at 08:48 PM.
    •
    •
    •
    •

HAWTHORNDENE

Hawthorndene Reserve (Watahuna Ave)

Google Map

Suits anything up to 1/8th scale and noise might be a problem.

Thanks to little_drifter for the following pics....

Some big jumps, trails and I think I can see at least one berm in the background....

Visibility might be hindered by those large jumps

Thanks again to Matt for covering this one
    Last edited by Vital-Blurs; 15-10-2012 at 10:35 PM.
    •
    •
    •
    •

No worries mate. I didnt realise my reflection was in the first pics off the sign!

Ill try to get some pics of the Hallett Cove BMX track also as I drive past it often with my deliveries.

Now you need a bigger truck for some big jumps!

AIR:

Here are some pics of the Littlehampton mountain bike track / b.m.x track and it is tucked in behind the onroad track.

North Terrace, Littlehampton.

Google Map

Noise is not an issue.

More to follow in next post.

Cheers Dave.
    Last edited by savage600; 15-08-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Now pics of the dirt side of things.

More to come,

Cheers Dave.

Finally the last lot.

As far as I know the gates remain open as public access and I have not seen them closed in a long time.
    You will find plenty of parking, both up the front and also down the back where the dirt action happens.

You will find that there are two section or an upper and a lower area and they basically start way up the top there and then wind their way down to the bottom.

I reckon that there are a couple of sections for the larger car 1/5 th maybe and the track will definitely suit other cars.

I don't know how to do that google map thing, but I will have a crack at it.

Cheers Dave.

R/C Newbie
    wow great thread great research, and some great finds!

question about the last one (North Terrace, Littlehampton)
    Who pays for this? the council? Its freakin epicness of a place

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast