[SA] Vital's Guide To Adelaide's BMX Tracks (2012) - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    R/C Newbie
    Theres a bmx track on States Road, half way between Wheatsheaf and Bains Rd thats really great for bashing. I'd say better than all the places on the pictures.

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

I'll add it to the list. I see it's close to the SDMCC track on Wheatsheaf Rd.
    • TLR 22T 2.0 • MST FXX-D • Tamiya CW-01 • Tamiya DT-02 • Slash LCG 4x4 VXL •
    •
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    •
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    •
    •

SALISBURY NORTH

Diruwa Avenue

Google Map

Suits anything up to 1/8 scale. But noise might be a problem with houses very close by.

Sandy hard-packed gravel surface. Very similar to the Salisbury Downs track but slightly worse rain-damage everywhere and visibility is a bit poor.

I guess this finishes off the northern half of Adelaide. Time to head south!
    Last edited by Vital-Blurs; 04-10-2012 at 12:56 AM.
    •
    •
    •
    •

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator little_drifter's Avatar
    Are you taking your car with you to test out these tracks!?

AIR:
    DJI Phantom - Spektrum DX9 Mode 2, Hobbyking Bixler v1.1

Sure am......usually alone though

So, I just take pics while the motor cools.
    •
    •
    •
    •

Banned
    Aint gonna keep a 1/5th pinned on that track unless your homer (with kevs workshop).... Massive jumps there, suit a mega 1/8 lipo back flip machine like a glove....

heh....I'll take your word for it. The suitability part was always with a "could be done" kind of attitude.
    Last edited by Vital-Blurs; 07-10-2012 at 12:46 AM.
    •
    •
    •
    •

COLONEL LIGHT GARDENS (Mortlock Park)

West Parkway

Google Map

Suits anything up to 1/8th scale but noise might be a problem with houses on the other side of the hedge.

Another basic oval with a berm at each end and jumps along both straights. It's quite narrow in places but visibility is great.

The surface is pretty decent. Mostly fine gravel.

But in the end, why would you bother to go here when the Mitchell Park track isn't too far away (see next track)
    Last edited by Vital-Blurs; 04-10-2012 at 12:56 AM.
    •
    •
    •
    •

MITCHELL PARK (Updated)

Bradley Grove

Google Map

Since ARCR (Adelaide Radio Controlled Raceway) has gained control of this track, there have been several overhauls. The track has been smoothed out, a timing gate has been installed, new ag pipe all round, some strategicaly placed pieces of carpet to protect the new jumps and some new rules....

No bikes!
    No nitro
    No larger than 1/10 scale cars

A handful of the ARCR guys have put in a huge amount of work to get the track in the best state it's ever been. If you want to race 1/10 electrics on real dirt in Adelaide, this is THE place to do it. Meetings are held every fortnight on Saturdays with various classes being run (2WD & 4WD Buggies. 2WD & 4WD SCT's and 2WD Stadium Truck's)

Last edited by Vital-Blurs; 22-03-2015 at 06:19 PM.
    •
    •
    •
    •

That is the one I was telling you about hey. Noise def wouldnt be a problem. I recon I have seen some people riding around on pit bikes there.

AIR:

Yep, is it supposed to be part of the motorcycle training centre?....dirt bike training?

It was pretty bad actually. The only track so far that I didn't bother to drive the car on. There were some seriously nasty rocks and all sorts of garbage about the place. Definitely one to avoid.
    •
    •
    •
    •

Youll have to get upto that Blackwood one I was telling you about.

When I was a teenager and used to go there, the jumps were so nice (and big).

I have driven past recently while at work and it still seems nice.

AIR:

Have you tried Shepherds Hill reserve off Ayliffes Rd I know there is some bike tracks in under the trees, not sure of the suitability for RC

Quote Originally Posted by little_drifter View Post
    Youll have to get upto that Blackwood one I was telling you about.

When I was a teenager and used to go there, the jumps were so nice (and big).

I have driven past recently while at work and it still seems nice.
    Yeah I'll definitely go there sometime soon (I think it's on the list as Hawthorndene)

Quote Originally Posted by froggy View Post
    Have you tried Shepherds Hill reserve off Ayliffes Rd I know there is some bike tracks in under the trees, not sure of the suitability for RC
    Thanks for the info. I've taken a closer look via Google Maps etc, but it appears to be more of a simple "trail" and not quite what I'm after (actual tracks with jumps) but it probably wouldn't be bad as a general bashing spot.
    •
    •
    •
    •

Theres an actual bike track at Golden Grove on The Golden Way (-34.786566,138.702484) gravel/dolommite with some jumps and a good berm.

Now that's more like it!

Thanks. That one looks fairly new (added to the list)
    •
    •
    •
    •

Quote Originally Posted by froggy View Post
    Theres an actual bike track at Golden Grove on The Golden Way (-34.786566,138.702484) gravel/dolommite with some jumps and a good berm.
    Is that the one near the cop shop? A dolomite track would be good. Looks like it has nice jumps.

You could also fly a plane around there!

AIR:

yes thats the one

I know two more in the north, will get pics when i get my SCT.

Woodford Road, Elizabeth - Two tracks, one little pump track and a dirt jump setup. -34.711008,138.671075
    Flinders Street, Gawler - One bmx track, OK vision to the whole track, huge berms and fair sized jumps. -34.592643,138.74789

Trawl through this list for a few more although its been some time since i have been to any on that list.

Cheers for the info. I've added them to the list.

Who would've thought there'd be so many tracks hidden around the place huh?
    •
    •
    •
    •

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast