Australian RC Forums banner

Failsafe

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  towie964 
#1 ·
hi guys got a small problem that hopefully someone can help me with . i've got a model engines gv-100 failsafe that i had set up ok on one car, and i've put it on another car but for the life of me i cant seem to set it up properly again.and of course i cant find the instructions for it :( .no matter how i push the set button tx rx on off brake on etc the red light just keeps on flashing and it does nothing ! is anyone familiar with this failsafe ?

#2 ·
c'mon crusey , u know everything about electronics ! any idea ?

#3 ·
This is the instructions for the Model Engine ME-100 fail safe I have, hope this works for you.

SETUP
1. Turn on the transmitter.
2. Turn on the receiver, the LED will blink slowly.
3. Set the amount of brake required, when the unit goes in to fail safe, on the transmitter.
4. Push and release the set button while holding the transmitter at the required brake setting. The unit is now set.
5. Test the operation by turning off the transmitter.

Hope this works.

Col.

#5 ·
thanks mouse , thats what i thought and what i tried , i think i've got a dud failsafe :( it's going on my cen 5b and i'm not confidant running a 1/5 without a failsafe ... if it takes off i cant run that far !

#10 ·
thanks mouse , thats what i thought and what i tried , i think i've got a dud failsafe :( it's going on my cen 5b and i'm not confidant running a 1/5 without a failsafe ... if it takes off i cant run that far !
grab one of the new superbees! from Killer RC

#6 ·
I think i will take the car back to fred at hallam hobbies and see if he can hopefully sort it out .thats where i bought the car from .and i need some spares they seem to be hard to find for some reason !

#7 ·
ya bit hard catching almost anything if you have a run away.
If in doubt chuck it and get a new one. Not worth the risk for a $25 to $30 fail safe.
Not up on large scale, is the cen 5b petrol or electric?
If petrol, I have read on hear about guys saying you should have a kill switch.

#9 ·
+1 to the above

A failsafe will apply brakes if you lose radio signal, what it wont do is save you in the most common situations.

Throttle servo seizes or strips (fail safe wont help with this)
Battery drops out (failsafe unable to work with no power)
Water or moisture gets into your electrics (failsafe wont work in this situation)
Throttle arm gets hooked up or jammed during a crash (failsafe cant operate under this condition)

Get yourself a proper kill switch, it is the best insurance you can get, any problem, and it will shut down the engine. A 1/5 scale wont travel far with no power.

#11 ·
well i had a good look at killer rc and those superbee's look good , my only reservation is that the radio that came with the car , a skyion dx pro , is not listed in the compatability chart . but it is a 3 channel non failsafe radio so it should be ok , what do u guys reckon ?

#12 ·
The last Skyion radio I dealt with was on a Cen or something similar and a fair while back, it was a basic entry level radio with limited features, unless things have changed, I would consider putting a few dollars away and upgrading to something better.
Cheap radios are cheap for a reason, and while many people have sucess for a limited period of time with them, most end up changing to something better, usually after something goes wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.