Australian RC Forums banner

HPI Trophy Truggy Flux upgrades?

6K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Bloodbath 
#1 · (Edited)
hello, i have a HPI Trophy Truggy flux, i'm still running the standard 1960kv motor & esc that it comes with. i'm runnning 1 4s 40c batteries in it.
just wondering if anyone has one & if they have done anything to it? particularly an engine/esc upgrade? if so what did u use? if u change the motor & esc to soemthing to handle 6s can the truggy take that kind of power? i have already stripped the rear diff gears once, i just replaced them, but should i be looking into getting a spool diff so it won't chew it out again?
any help would be great
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry dude a little off topic but what did it sound like when you stripped the rear diff gears? The reason I ask is I was thrashing mine the other day and it started making kinda buzzing sound and now wont run at full speed. I have opened and inspected the center diff and replaced the oil but all was good in there. Did yours still drive at low speed when you stripped the gears or did it become immobile instantly?

Cheers mate only asking because I'm currently trying to fix this issue with mine and I suspect it maybe the rear diff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.