Fuel bottles

Thread: Fuel bottles

Fuel bottles

While I was doing the fuel clamp idea https://www.ausrc.com/forum/showthrea...el-line-clamps It got me thinking about fuel bottles.

How about this for an idea!

I thought about how fuel gets contaminated due to the air left in the bottle condensing after some fuel has been removed and came to this idea.

Why not put fuel in a black soft plastic bag with a on-way valve on the opening something like the RC boaties use in their boats. It could even have a fuel tube on the opening for easy tank refueling. No need for fuel filler bottles anymore!

It would keep the air out and being black the sun wouldn't get to it either. I guess it would be cheaper for shipping as well because there would be less wasted space inside the shipping box.

What do you think?
    Come to Lake Centenary in Temora to run your RC boat. Free BBQ's, power points, great amenities with hot showers, a childs sandpit/play area and lots of shade sails around the lake edge. It's 2km out of town, fresh water and gas boats are welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Not a bad idea. if you get extreme you could do what they do with other things like wine etc... and pump nitrogen in to force the fuel out of the container then there is no air only nitrogen in the bottle.
    Im not saying I am Batman
    Im just saying that no one has ever
    seen me and Batman in the same room together.

That is way over the top! Way to expensive as well!
    Come to Lake Centenary in Temora to run your RC boat. Free BBQ's, power points, great amenities with hot showers, a childs sandpit/play area and lots of shade sails around the lake edge. It's 2km out of town, fresh water and gas boats are welcome.

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

R/C God

I think it would be easier to use the fuel so it didn't go off.

A plastic bag setup would be asking for trouble.........the slightest catch on a sharpish edge in the car or toolbox means nitro fuel everywhere.

Store it in the dark at home.......I don't think a few hours in the shade on race day effects it too much.

I use to get months out of my nitro with poper care.

Cheers,

Steve
    Thunder Tiger Sport 40L, HobbyKing (VQ Models) Kenmore Beaver, HobbyKing (Lanyu) Corsair, HobbyKing Bixler, HobbyKing Sonic 64 EDF Flying Wing, Parkzone Visionaire, Hangar 9 Funtana 125 with DLE 20 gas engine...all powered by Spektrum DX8

Another idea bites the dust! I wonder what other bad news I have comming. It's been a bad day!

PC WIZ,

are you thinking of one of these? : http://www.jettengineering.com/accy/tank.html

Bubbless tanks

I would imagine this idea would be a good idea in a car tank ? (no experience in RC cars) but I reckon there would be heaps of vibration that this would help with fuel foaming..... silly question - do cars use a clunk in the tank like aircraft?
    Cheers,
    Al

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a Dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PC WIZ View Post
    ... I thought about how fuel gets contaminated due to the air left in the bottle condensing after some fuel has been removed and came to this idea.

Why not put fuel in a black soft plastic bag with a on-way valve on the opening something like the RC boaties use in their boats. It could even have a fuel tube on the opening for easy tank refueling. No need for fuel filler bottles anymore!

It would keep the air out and being black the sun wouldn't get to it either. I guess it would be cheaper for shipping as well because there would be less wasted space inside the shipping box.

What do you think?
    i think you've be lubricating the thinkin' cells inspired by this...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey Zoomer! You still around I see.

Nah, it's stricktly beer only for me these days and not very much of that either.

Hows things? You still hanging at rctech?

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Altered1 View Post
    PC WIZ,

are you thinking of one of these? : http://www.jettengineering.com/accy/tank.html

Bubbless tanks

I would imagine this idea would be a good idea in a car tank ? (no experience in RC cars) but I reckon there would be heaps of vibration that this would help with fuel foaming..... silly question - do cars use a clunk in the tank like aircraft?
    Those tanks from the link look to be a great idea, no air, no leaning out, now if someone can mold one to mount in a truck/buggy, it might make tuning easier and more even, no bottom of the tank lean out.
    Technically there would be no reason to drain the tank either, if you were finished for the day, just clamp the line, run the engine dry and do your after-run prceedure. The remaining fuel in the tank has no air, so no contaminents, it could remain there unaffected.
    Would also work for larger transport containers, in a container not unlike a wine cask, again no air, no problems. It would be more expensive to begin with, but a re-useable fuel can is refillable, cutting down on waste as well.

Baja...Because Size Matters!

Everybody is adding famous quotes to their sigs, so...My Mother to my Father on Disciplining me as a child....You hit him Noel, My Arm is getting tired.

Towie,

the DIY version of these bubbless tanks is a balloon inside the tank, connected to the fuel in and out, but not the exhaust pressure line, that goes between the tank and the balloon. (I'm talking Aircraft) would that work on a car tank ?
    Cheers,
    Al

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a Dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Storing the bottle upside down also helps

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510b using Tapatalk
    Hyper 8.5e |Trackstar 2650|Trackstar 150A|4S|
    Mystery Machine Lunchbox|Tamiya Sport Tuned|2S|

R/C Newbie
    Best thing in the world for storing your fuel bottles in, has to be coles (or whatever) zip up cold bags, no light gets through them, they are spill proof, and more temp stable than most other options, stumbled over the idea a year or so ago...

Considering how tough the bags also are, I use them for a few things, even keep my tyre truer in one.