Australian RC Forums banner

Reusable fuel line clamps

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  PC WIZ 
#1 ·
Here is a novel idea I just came up with!

I bought some 3/16 flat washes for my T-Max to put behind the wheel nuts and a light bulb came on.

I pushed some fuel tube through it and left 3mm of the tube sticking out past the washer.
Then I pushed the tube onto the fuel filter nipple. It made a really tight seal and was reasonably easy to remove thanks the washer.
It cost me $2.90 for 50 of them.

Here's a pic. What do you think? :thumb:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Cut a small piece of fuel tubing and slide it over the fuel line on the fitting, much better than a washer and simpler imo. :D

#4 · (Edited)
It could be used anywhere if I can find a way to take the bur of the inside of the washer.

Fuel line idea is ok Jeff, but fuel line has a tendency to rip if there is a rough edge on the cut surface. A washer would be more reliable I think.

How about a small silicone "O" ring?

#5 ·
Dunno 'bout an o-ring but I have never had any fuel line split on a double clamp. In the end, keep it simple. :D

#6 ·
+1 for the clamping with the extra fuel tube.

The washer will cut the line.

If you are thinking of deburring the washer, probably less hassle just to get the correct clips in the first place....only a few dollars if you don't want to use the fuel tube method.

Cheers,

Steve

#7 ·
Nice clips! I guess it's back to the drawing board for a better idea!
Thanks for the link.

#9 ·
I saw those clips on ebay today while browsing for boat bits. They look good and cheap too.

Good to see you back, long time no hear!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.