Dman's Tmaxx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dman's Tmaxx

Dman's Tmaxx

Hey guys,
    This thread is about my Tmaxx, I got it a few months back as a roller and I replaced some old parts and I chucked on a Team Associated .18, its an older .15 version that has been upgraded alot here are the upgrades that are on it-
    *Built with stainless steel screws
    *Newer 4mm thick chassis
    *Robinson Racing Products hardened steel 72t spur gear & 19T hardened steel clutch bell
    *Pro-Line Ford Excursion SUV body
    *Dynamite aluminum front & rear upper and lower A-arms (silver)
    *Traxxas stainless hinge pins with e-clips
    *M.I.P center chrome CVD driveshafts
    *Dynamite chrome CVD drive axles front & rear
    *RPM front hubs with the larger bearings
    *RPM front & rear shock towers (black) with SUV type body mounts
    *4 Hot Bodies aluminum big bore shocks with Racers edge springs
    *Upgraded Tuned Pipe
    *GPM Maxx aluminium battery box
    *Team Associated .18 Pro with new Sullivan Tiger Drive Electric Start
    *Team associated S2008 MG servo

Here some pics of it from about a month ago when I completed it-

It has gotten dirty and its pretty fun to drive. Heres a vid of it in action-

And how it looked after that-

ATM I have changed the shocks to 4 big bores and I've got a Sullivan TigerDrive electric starter because my pull starter broke and the truck is waiting for some FLM aluminium chassis braces that a guy on Nitrocarnage.com is sending me so when I get that I'll get some mopre recent pics up.
    Last edited by Dman; 19-11-2011 at 10:22 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

I saw that on another site a few days ago, nice truck. Do you need a RX box for it? I have a spare! let me know if you want it.

Cheers, Brett,
    Come to Lake Centenary in Temora to run your RC boat. Free BBQ's, power points, great amenities with hot showers, a childs sandpit/play area and lots of shade sails around the lake edge. It's 2km out of town, fresh water and gas boats are welcome.

I will send it tommorrow, no charge!
    Come to Lake Centenary in Temora to run your RC boat. Free BBQ's, power points, great amenities with hot showers, a childs sandpit/play area and lots of shade sails around the lake edge. It's 2km out of town, fresh water and gas boats are welcome.

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Sent this morning so you should get it by wednesday.

Cheers, Brett.

Thanks mate.

I'm after a rear skid plate for mine. The front and rears are different, I have 3 fronts but no rears.

I also have lots of other spares, if you need something just ask. I might have what you need.

Cheers, Brett.

Will do mate, and sorry cant help you with the skid plates cuz I dont have any spares for the truck.

I have stacks, but not the on's I need at the moment. Is'nt that always the way!

haha I get what you mean, I've got tons for my MMGT which probably will never get used.

Has the posty been yet?

Yep, I got it yesterday, thanks mate

I know it's a bit crappy but it should clean up ok. Maybe even paint it blue like the battery box.
    Got to love it for free!

Nah its fine I'm just going to chuck on some stickers and mount it. I havent drove the truck since I got your rx box because I took the engine off to clean it but I couldn't be bothered finishing cleaning it because I had my MGT to drive. haha

Do you have any countersunk screws that hold the skid plates to the chassis braces?

Cheers, Brett.

Mate I wish I could help you but I dont have any of those screws, if I get my hands on some I'll tell you.

Well guys I dont need the money anymore and I like this truck too much so I've decided I'll keep it.

I was watching it on ebay, not a single bid! The T-Maxx is just not worth much and the start price was way to high.

It's only worth what it means to you! I know you love it!

Cheers, Brett.

Yea I think I did put the price a bit too high but I didnt want to sell it for too low or else I'd always regret it. I took it for a spin yesterday, I'm gonna change the gearing from 19/72 to 22/72, the truck is too slow for my liking with the current gearing. I also want to get new 1/8 buggy shocks for it but I'm not sure. I've also gotta get some more body clips, everytime I drive I lose about 2 clips, the clips might end up costing me more than the fuel at this rate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast