Australian RC Forums banner

SSME October Open day PICS - By Paolo Bonello

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  bajarse 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

As You know I was floating around with my camera on Sunday.
Photography has been competing with my RC time for the last few months so combining the two is the obvious progression although I came home with far too many shots to sort through and didn't go to bed till 2am.

I apologise in advance for not catching the stock class final. These shots were taken around the pits and of the outlaw 2wd and 4wd finals.

Congrats to the visitors from QLD who put on an excellent show with their trick looking Euro screamers.

Hope you like them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paolo1/sets/72157627899179861/

Cheers,
Paolo

#2 ·
Very Nice Paolo,

Got some good shots there mate, I bet there was a lot to delete before you finalized the batch.

We need to see your car out there soon too mate....!

#3 ·
Yeah there was quite a few that didn't make the final cut. Kinda hard to get spot on focus when the action is so fast and you don't have a super quick focussing lens. Also, it's a trade-off when you slow down your shutter time to show a bit of motion blur to indicate speed (which I like) - because the slower shutter also leaves the door open for camera shake which can make the subject look out-of-focus when you're using a long focal length. Man you think RC car racing is tricky - try photography!

#7 ·
top job Paolo,

I will have to get some hints and tips off you, what lens were you using?

#8 ·
Luke it was an old AF 24-120 d lens. Got it for 60 bucks cause it has a small mark on the front glass which does not affect the image. It's a bit slow though. Uses the camera body motor to focus. Not what I would consider an action lens but it had enough wide and zoom range to do all the shots which meant I didn't have to change lenses with all that dust floating around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.