Australian RC Forums banner

Victorian Bash Spots and Tracks - Off Road

29K views 47 replies 20 participants last post by  phils 
#1 ·
Thought it might be a good idea to have a thread where we can check out different off road bash spots and tracks around vic.

Ill include the ones ive personally been too - for any additoins please include address so those of us wanting to check out new spots can find it easy.

20 O`Conner Road Knoxfield - Elec Only - 1/10 and smaller
This is a dedicated rc track, very technical with some good jumps, drivers stand to be completed in the next few weeks.

KM Reedy Reserve - Pound rd Hampton Park - Opposite Vanessa Drive
This is a BMX track, been running here a while and never had noise complaints so run whatever you want, no signs about rc usage either. Does retain allot of water though.

36 Essex Park Drive Endeavour Hills
This is a BMX track, very small and tight, jumps are small so you shouldnt do too much damage :D Again this holds water for a bit but not as bad as Reedy Reserve

48 Laurel Ave Doveton
Again a BMX track, like the first one very tight, small jumps but holds more water than both the top ones combined LOL.

Access Way Carrum Downs
Very popular bash spot because of its sandy ground, perfect for the largescalers. Not going to be there much longer so enjoy it while you can

See less See more
#36 ·
Here's one a bit further out of melbourne, in Ballarat, has a nice big table top, smaller jumps and rhythm section, as well as velodrome for some speed runs. Can park close to the track either on the side of the road, or go in through the footy oval and park in there. The BMX club is happy for it to be used "as long as it doesnt get to ripped up"

http://www.nearmap.com/?q=Sebastopo...ll=-37.604595,143.84401&z=19&t=h&nmd=20110702

#37 ·
never knew there were so many places around VIC, great stuff fellas, thanks for sharing.

#38 ·
I've been to the Hoppers one a few times - I just park on Derrimut rd next to the CFA or in the car park over the road and walk the 100m down the path beside the CFA. Only ever seen one BMX there, yet it's a pretty full on track.

#41 ·
Bunjii way in knoxfield, off ferntree gully rd is another competition BMX track, get a few riders but if you stay out of their way no probs, massive jumps for those out there that like some air time.

#42 ·
i have driven both werribee BMX track and Altona BMX track.

Altona is great casue you can park right next to it. Big jumps, bit too big for my rookie status, but getting better.

Werribee is great cause it is usually very quite. Just park in the court next to the Primary school and walk 60 meters and your at the track.

I have been enjoying driving around Sancutary lakes, where they are building new houses. No jumps, but the dirt is flat enough to go flat out.

just me thoughts

chris

#46 ·
revo does it piece of p1ss on 4S, tt ST-1 struggles a little but makes it.... but unless all you want to do is hill climbing there isnt much else in the area. Also the surface is like talcum powder and it gets into EVERYTHING! Theres a bmx track in sebastopol that has some massive jumps (10' table top, 15' step up) and a nice rythim section, 2 ovals for large scale and planks/choppers, but no water for boats unless you go to lake esmond. Lake wendouree is too full of weed, and learmonth and burrumbeet is to open and choppy 90% of the time. Next time i am around vic park and the sebas bmx track i'll get a video and do similar to millzee.

There are also a few open dirt ovals that can be used to set up temporary tracks if you have portable jumps reasonably close to the sebas bmx track.

#48 ·
Thought I'd contribute one that hasn't been mentioned.. Heathmont bmx track.. small jumps but good fun for 1/8 or smaller (I have a kraton 6s):

Old BMX Track
Heathmont VIC 3135
https://maps.app.goo.gl/ht4c9afQQyohCY8h8

Also I've had luck at these two skate parks (though be prepared for breakage I guess!):

Lewis Park Skate and BMX Facility
Lewis Rd, Wantirna South VIC 3152
(03) 9298 8000
https://maps.app.goo.gl/WLZyVWytSYrBHnsj9

Knox City Council Simply Skateboarding
Forbes Cl, Knoxfield VIC 3152
0423 085 956
https://maps.app.goo.gl/fLD6vsgqDseR6qeGA

Edit: not bad for first post after joining almost 10 years ago

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.