Australian RC Forums banner

Victorian Bash Spots and Tracks - Off Road

29K views 47 replies 20 participants last post by  phils 
#1 ·
Thought it might be a good idea to have a thread where we can check out different off road bash spots and tracks around vic.

Ill include the ones ive personally been too - for any additoins please include address so those of us wanting to check out new spots can find it easy.

20 O`Conner Road Knoxfield - Elec Only - 1/10 and smaller
This is a dedicated rc track, very technical with some good jumps, drivers stand to be completed in the next few weeks.

KM Reedy Reserve - Pound rd Hampton Park - Opposite Vanessa Drive
This is a BMX track, been running here a while and never had noise complaints so run whatever you want, no signs about rc usage either. Does retain allot of water though.

36 Essex Park Drive Endeavour Hills
This is a BMX track, very small and tight, jumps are small so you shouldnt do too much damage :D Again this holds water for a bit but not as bad as Reedy Reserve

48 Laurel Ave Doveton
Again a BMX track, like the first one very tight, small jumps but holds more water than both the top ones combined LOL.

Access Way Carrum Downs
Very popular bash spot because of its sandy ground, perfect for the largescalers. Not going to be there much longer so enjoy it while you can

See less See more
#16 ·
#5 ·
I used to love this place in Tullamarine but it hasn't been maintained all that well as of late. It has a decent car park, covered area with BBQ and you have a clear view of the whole track standing in the middle of it. I used to go there a lot and love the track. Just wished the council maintained the surface better.

http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-37.690679,144.875729&z=20&t=h&nmd=20110820

#8 ·
Just a little council made BMX track but nothing like some of the full on tracks. No starting ramps or massive jumps. I wouldn't be worried at all about launching a heavy 1/5th scale of any of them. Nice and sedate. Only problem is that it has suffered a fair bit of water damage so it is pretty rutted out. Not ideal for anything 1/10th and 1/8 buggies. 1/8th truggies and MT's (or bigger) are no problems.

#9 ·
Im liking the looks of the bayside dirt jumps and the one in tullamarine, going to have to check them both out!

Also want to check out the dedicated rc track in Sunshine and I think another one opened up (dedicated rc track) somewhere else in VIC but cant remember where.

#11 ·
might be worthwhile finding out who the council is and asking if they can maintain it a bit better, since im moving up that way could be my regular weekend retreat :D

#12 ·
I've been to tullamarine bmx a few times. (Derby street) All i did there was break s__t on the baja. Found it had to get traction, (hostile MX) because of the lose surface. It's not a bad track if the council was to maintain it & not just the grass to make it look good.

1 track i did like was the Sunbury bmx track, awsome jumps, the only down fall is the wombat lady that comes out to complain. Looking forward to going again
bmx track (Cornish St Sunbury )

Cheers

#13 ·
In Latrobe Valley we have in order best to worst;
Glengarry BMX track, has a big jumps outer loop and small jumps inner loop. Awsome bakery just down the road.
Churchill, Glendonald Park, not alot to it but fun no the less.
Yallourn North, good size but needs some work.
Yet to try Leongatha BMX and Warragul BMX, meant to be good.

#15 · (Edited)
The Bayside BMX Jumps is a good place... Not a huge area, however fun, and suitable if you have kids as they can mess around there as well.. It also has BBQ's and the toxic pond....(have to watch the kids around the pond of course). Definitely seems to be getting more popular with the BMX's over the last few months.

Me & ElDorko have been there most weekends for the last 10 months or so.... it used to be that there were no riders there...however now its more the opposite.

p.s - there is also a largish grass area outside the track you can take them for a spin on.....but beware the TOXIC POND OF DEATH

#17 ·
Well for those of you that just love launching your RCs towards the sky check out the BMX track in Altona Meadows on Queen street. It's a big track and it also has some huge jumps. There are three 2M+ high table tops that will test your RC to the max. I have launched few of my cars from there. It gives you a long flight time so you have plenty of time to level out your car in the air but, either way you come down, landings are still brutal.

There is also a good skateboard area next to the BMX track but there are usually a lot of kids on there. If you want to use that area best to go there on a week day during school hours.

http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-37.875804,144.793866&z=19&t=h&nmd=20110820

#22 ·
Well for those of you that just love launching your RCs towards the sky check out the BMX track in Altona Meadows on Queen street. It's a big track and it also has some huge jumps. There are three 2M+ high table tops that will test your RC to the max. I have launched few of my cars from there. It gives you a long flight time so you have plenty of time to level out your car in the air but, either way you come down, landings are still brutal.
There is also a good skateboard area next to the BMX track but there are usually a lot of kids on there. If you want to use that area best to go there on a week day during school hours.
http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-37.875804,144.793866&z=19&t=h&nmd=20110820
After seening ur link, i thort i go 4 a bash. That should be called the track of death. The jumps are huge.
2 hit this track hard, ur going break something & need a thick wallet.
Dident stay to long or break anything but well worth the drive.
Thanks 4 the link BIG-block
Cheers

#18 ·
great stuff, this is exactly what I was looking for! :D

sam do you know if the geelong track is pay as you go or is it a proper club like MORRCC?

#30 ·

All 1/8th clubs are only race days, crazy for 4-5 people to be preparing tracks for any one to destroy, the only 1/8th track that does not have fences is bendigo but if the club guys catch people there miss using the place i would not want to be in there shoes.

Its a shame but the facts are lots want to use purpose built tracks but no one wants to fund and put the hard yards in, this week alone i have put 16 hours in at MORRCC at the track and 8 hours behind the scenes doing other things from meeting the police to explain the new security camera's, speaking with council about drivers stand permits, updating the web site, purchasing things for the club the list goes on and on but in the end its always the same 4-5 committee people that do all the work load.

#21 ·
Have not been to Wonga Park yet, but the pattern i am seeing with NEARMAP hires flyovers is that sometimes the picture does not match the fun or expectations of what you are going to get when you visit.

I bashed around at Eltham today and the track is rough but theirs plenty to do with good car parking and lots of jumps but the nearmap flyover does not match what it's really like when you get their.

Unfortunately, i have been spoiled with Park Orchards which is exactly as shown on nearmap in real life!!

#23 ·
flexsta where about in eltham is the bash spot? do you have a street name or anything?

#27 ·
Google made themselves famous as a 1 trick pony when it released satellite images, those images can be over 5 years old.

Nearmap is an Australian company than fly's planes over Victoria and other states updating every couple of monthes and it's higher res than google.

#28 ·
NearMap is also higher image quality than Google. Registration is free, if you dont want to give them your email, use one from yopmail.

Post up if your going to Eltham, I live nearby and would love a bash. This weekend is out tho :(

#31 ·
thats a cool link gabz, thanks for posting.

sam absolutley fair enough point but dont know if dont ask ;)

#33 ·
The Altona track is definitely a car breaker - I've blown some money there myself..... :)

Here are a few more I've come across over the years:

Hoppers Crossing, just near the Plaza:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=we...678655&spn=0.011432,0.019205&t=h&z=16&vpsrc=6

I haven't tried this one, but looked good when I drove past it a while back - Kensington near the city:

http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-37.798216,144.920923&z=20&t=h&nmd=20110820

And there's one down mornington way that I haven't tried yet - might even have been mentioned earlier in this post?

#34 ·
damn that second one looks like a great spot!

hopefully no one complains about the noise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.