New Australian Distrubutors - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Good read this thread, funny too, companies have been trying to put preasure on these larger USA online stores for years with no success. I do believe that alot of this comes from the fact that packages are now taking alot longer to make it to australian addresses which in turn lots of people have been complaining after paying for faster shipping and there item does not arrive with in there shipping times and the large companies like tower and Amain are refunding the shipping cost to the customers making it hardly worth dealing with the over seas customers.

I know that my last three Amain orders have arrived well over there due date and refunds ( store credits have been issued ) I know of a few others that have had the same thing happen to them so at one point or another its going to become a long term problem because some one is loosing money in these deals some where and unless the problem is corrected we could see online sellers start to only offer UPS to australia and no USPS postage.

PS: FUNNIEST THING IS THAT THE A-MAIN OWNER/FOUNDER LIVES RIGHT HERE IN AUSTRALIA PMSL
    Last edited by savagesam; 02-09-2011 at 08:32 PM.
    - SAVAGE SAM'S YOUTUBE CHANNEL -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    TEAM XRAY AUSTRALIA XB8 & XT9 - WOT HOBBIES RINGWOOD -
    - RADIOPOST - PROLINE AUSTRALIA - NITRO X FUEL - KO PROPO -

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by savagesam View Post
    I do believe that alot of this comes from the fact that packages are now taking alot longer to make it to australian addresses which in turn lots of people have been complaining after paying for faster shipping and there item does not arrive with in there shipping times and the large companies like tower and Amain are refunding the shipping cost to the customers making it hardly worth dealing with the over seas customers.
    Funny you should say that, as I ordered a small bag of parts from LA Partshouse Back in mid-July, and they just arrived yesterday, right after Angie from LAP had processed a refund for me (I've gotta say, while it was a small order, I was impressed at their friendly and prompt service). She said they'd had a lot of complaints from Australian customers recently. We also took delivery of an express package from the US today - normally would take a week, but in this instance it was just over 2 weeks.

How much stuffing about from shipping companies would US stores be prepared to take before they throw up their hands and say "uh sorry, it's just easier if we don't send things to Australia"? Well, hopefully that won't happen :-(

Not sure why the delays at the moment. I've heard that air freight space from US to Oz is tight right now. Not sure if USPS uses QANTAS, but they've cut back on routes too. Obviously we're buying more from US with the high dollar too, so there must be some extra demand. Maybe a number of factors.

R/C Apprentice
    I have had the same delivery times as always, last three tower orders have been placed on a Tuesday and delivered on Friday. I don't know how they can be so fast, but I always get fast delivery from tower, haven't tried Amain.

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

I'm still waiting on an A-Main order that was sent on the 16/08/11..... Other Tower and A-Main orders have been sent and recieved since then. I have had problems before with Tower not putting full address details on packages and they said that I would have to wait 60 days to file a lost parcel claim. Fast forward to my current problem and A-Main have already said if it gets to the end of this week they will resend the parts and file a lost parcel claim. We'll wait and see but so far A-Main is way ahead of Tower for lost parcels so far. This is the first time in Three odd years it has taken so long to get stuff sent.
    Cheers - Jeff.
    Baja 5BSS, buggys/truggys nitro rules! A couple of b/less drifters and nitro/bless helis and planes.
    Spektrum/JR and Futaba radios + empty wallet lol...

I find it hard to believe that US suppliers will not sell thier product with thier market the way it is. Hence the new australian dealer, from what I understand, the new dealer has approached many ozzy retailers with deals like 40% of traxxas stuff which used to be exclusive to 1 distributor in oz. If you look at Traxxas stock in the LHS, it will be coming down, some are slashing the price just to get rid of old stock bought at +40% prices. And get this, the original supplier can all of the sudden afford to take a 40% hit to match the new mob (yeah right more like 40% less pure profit). I believe US sellers are selling thier product to whoever will take it, I see mention of the spektrum radio thing here, amain would not allow them to be sold to oz because of some radio frequency standard that did not apply to oz, much like buying a US motorcycle helmet without the adr sticker is not legal to use in oz. I don't think we will have anything to worry about.

P.S, I have an amain order on the way done on the 31st (US) so it hadnt happened yet....
    Last edited by chicken_fart; 02-09-2011 at 11:35 PM.
    Align T-Rex 500 FBL (3GX), Align T-Rex 600 FBL (Beast X), Align T-Rex 450S Flybarred, Hangar 9 P40B Warhawk OS AX55, Hangar 9 Sundowner OS AX55

My last 2 amain packages have gone extremely over there expected shipping times. They have refunded the shipping an them all.
    I'm currently waiting on a 3-5 day order shipped on the 18th. They told me to fill out the claim form as all there parcels are insured. Obviously thery're getting their money back so they are not to concerned
    Alan Nankervis.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Thanks go to my sponsors. HEI. Proline. Xray. Plaig Bearings. VP Powermaster. Thunder Innovations

Alan, my parcels too was sent on about the same time and it hadn't showed up on tracking till yesterday when it arrived in aus. Yours might not be too far behind.
    Cheers - Jeff.
    Baja 5BSS, buggys/truggys nitro rules! A couple of b/less drifters and nitro/bless helis and planes.

Quote Originally Posted by TIX View Post
    My last 2 amain packages have gone extremely over there expected shipping times. They have refunded the shipping an them all.
    I'm currently waiting on a 3-5 day order shipped on the 18th. They told me to fill out the claim form as all there parcels are insured. Obviously thery're getting their money back so they are not to concerned
    Support the shops that support our sport hey?
    The reason they would be doing this is there probably sick of you bloke emailling them whinging they your sh$t hasn't turn up.

Senior Moderator
    Why would you want to continually support the Overseas shops, you will never see them put anything back into the sport here in Australia.

Baja...Because Size Matters!

Everybody is adding famous quotes to their sigs, so...My Mother to my Father on Disciplining me as a child....You hit him Noel, My Arm is getting tired.

Because I don't see the shops in Australia putting anything into the sport either. It's been said time and time again, if the LHS actually cared 2 bits about it's customer service quite a few would ignore the higher price and buy it here anyway. When I make parts for other people, I retain customers by doing my absolute best to ensure they are 110% happy with what they get, and where I can, I try price match an equivalent part made or purchased OS. I don't see any LHS's doing that. And trying to force overseas to stop sending here that's lowered my opinion of them even more, and I'm even more inclined to buy OS.

Kieren
    What would you be if you were attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis? Screwed...

Have to agree with Aussie Nerd there Towie

I dont see many shops putting much back into the industry

I simply cant afford to shop locally if they continue to charge as much as they do

I like the guys down at the LHS but all I see them selling is whatever they can buy cheap at the toy fairs, hardly the cream of the crop

I find it interesting that recently the shops selling heli gear have very competitive pricing, obviously the distributor model is a little different

Cheers
    Slash Platinum Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv
    TT Brushless Go-Kart / Castle Mamba Micro
    Losi 1/24 Rally
    Blade 400, 120SR, MSR

Until I actually have a LHS and a local club, I don't see the point in buying from Australia when overseas is a crap load cheaper and hardly takes any longer (sometimes it would actually be quicker to buy overseas).
    Hobao Hyper 8SC
    Axial SCX10
    LRP S10 Drifter
    Spektrum DX3C

Also to add, most of the things I buy from OS none of my local stores stock.
    Challenge Accepted

This thread is a crack up...

So they stop you buying from the US. Lets say they stopped you from buying from everywhere but here. How many of you are seriously going to give up the hobby? My bet is it's only the people that live for it, spending a large amount of their weekly pay to support it. While it's upsetting that these people have to miss out, it will probably end up being the case.

These companies don't care about your whinge, if every store in Australia closed then they lose an entire region... If they ban the US from selling to Australia, they lose a few thousand customers but keep the country, and 70% of those few thousand customers end up buying here anyway. So hypothetically, they lose 30% of Australians that bought from US stores, instead of losing the entire population of Australian RC users. They're a lot smarter than you.

Secondly... Don't you think these restrictions hurt the company themselves? Obviously... All this means is they'll have to work on strategies to bring local prices down - that means working from the head of the organisation and manufacturer down to the local distributor and hobby stores. It's basic supply and demand... You might not get your ''200%'' savings, but even if you get half of that it's a good effort, and combined with local service it's pretty attractive.

There's a comment in here about the US economy and how they can't afford stuff like this... Please... Lmao. Most major companies in the US are flushed with cash. The Bank of America has started to charge companies to store their money. Uncertainty and confidence is the USA's problem right now... Not cashflow. Relax.

Cheers...
    - RETIRED -

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman77 View Post
    Also to add, most of the things I buy from OS none of my local stores stock.
    Do you have a LHS that you actually frequent, have you asked them to bring in or order the parts for you?

We get people coming in asking us to order one off parts for them, and will always attempt to get what they are after, even if it is a brand we dont stock, a lot of times it is for models no longer in production, and we end up having to modify something else to do the job for them.

Baja...Because Size Matters!

Everybody is adding famous quotes to their sigs, so...My Mother to my Father on Disciplining me as a child....You hit him Noel, My Arm is getting tired.

I asked about rpm parts for my slash about 6 months ago and what I got told was we don't get/haven't got any new RPM gear, that was it.
    This is the same store crusey is talking about, great people and when I first got my slash (December 2009) and the next few months after it, I was in there quite frequently and buying stuff, not huge amounts but I was buying stuff. As at that time they had some not bad stuff there.
    Challenge Accepted

I don't get much of a choice in that one of my lhs that deals predominately in cars is overpriced imo.... The other that deals in aircraft is competetive enough for me to purchase a $500+ radio of them just recently and will buy again. A non sponsor here down the SE 'burbs of Melbourne just sold me a MCPx BNF for $165, less than what I can get it for o/s even without postage. Scott's right, the heli scene is coming down in price locally just nicely.
    Cheers - Jeff.

Unfortunately RC is a little like other imports into Australia. For some reason distributors think they can stitch up a region and charge what they like. The internet and global sourcing should have changed this perception by now but it hasn't. And while they may have enjoyed 80% of a regions sales a few years ago, I'd be surprised if it's even 50% now - between companies like tower and amain and of course ebay.

If my LHS (who IS a distributor) were realistic about their prices I'd reward them with my business - I dont expect US online store prices, but I will not pay 100-200% extra for parts and kits. But given the ignorance they seem to show towards pricing, even when the AUS$ dollar wasnt as good as it is now, it's no surprise it's a ghost town in the RC section these days. The restrictions being placed on sales to Australia (and why only Australia?) are IMHO simply the distributors trying to protect their fat margins.

The manufactors will not loose - they will still sell widgets to whomever. The distributors need to smell the coffee or go out of business. The unfortunate part are the LHS who rely on distributors for products because they will also.

The only thing that can really help Australian LHSs would be if more distributors were appointed that could openly compete with each other on price.
    HPI Savage X: LRP .28, Hitec servos, Ofna thr mod, Fstln shock towers, Proline Big Joes, 3 Speed Tranny, 19T clutch / 52T metal spur, HD Dogs, steering bearings, HPI Tuned pipe, roll bars, RPM center plate
    HPI FirestormE: Novak Havoc Spec Brushless System 10.5T/4200kV, Futaba R603FF

Quote Originally Posted by anf0 View Post
    ...combined with local service it's pretty attractive...
    So your saying I should put up with paying twice as much, not three times as much, and be grateful for this because of "service". When "service" is generally involves ignoring you until you practically wave cash under their nose. Hmm real attractive.

While this might not be the case of some hobby stores, the ones that actually have decent service, and friendly staff, generally don't have what I want. Sure if I really want I could probably have got them to order it in (previous town, before moving to the black hole of decent hobby shops), but why bother when it takes longer than getting it from OS, costs twice as much, and it's a PART. You can hardly give service on a PART. Fair enough it was a nitro car, and say you needed help tuning, that's when service is nice. But when you know exactly what you need, what's the point?

Kieren
    Last edited by Aussie Nerd; 04-09-2011 at 07:02 PM.
    What would you be if you were attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis? Screwed...

I used to believe the issue was with the LHS but it is with the distributor, I believe they have the mentality that people who can afford to be in this hobby can afford to pay high prices for bits and pieces. The main distributor here has had it too good for too long, hopefully this new dealer makes them a bit more honest, and straight up its looking good, if these guys can afford to sell stuff 40% cheaper and still make a profit imagine how much cash has been rolling in for the other mob all these years. I sense a shake up in the hobby game that is going to translate to fairer prices for us. I hope they are not sucessful in stopping US imports, theres nothing worse than getting the car out and hoping to christ you don't break anything cos its gunna cost an arm and a leg, it would definetly slow down my RC activitys
    Align T-Rex 500 FBL (3GX), Align T-Rex 600 FBL (Beast X), Align T-Rex 450S Flybarred, Hangar 9 P40B Warhawk OS AX55, Hangar 9 Sundowner OS AX55

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast