New Australian Distrubutors
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

New Australian Distrubutors

Hey all, i picked up a warith today from a hobby shop and talking to him he told me that we'll no longer be able to order from tower and amain? generaly the us.

He said aparently the distrubuters for hpi, traxxas and axial are new and have slaped a court order or sumthing against the us companys that there not to sell to aus customers?

Said to him they better sort out the price difference and stock problems we have!

Tower wouldnt deliver by kyle buch with my erevo and i thort it was size of pakage but i dont no know?

Anyone heard anything?

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

I really hope not. If that's the case, I may not be in the hobby much longer.
    Hobao Hyper 8SC
    Axial SCX10
    LRP S10 Drifter
    Spektrum DX3C

About time.

Cheers
    - RETIRED -

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Sounds like yet another great idea to drive everyone out of the hobby With the state the US economy is in, can they really afford to cut OS business out of the picture anyway? I still won't be supporting the LHS regardless of if the big names stop shipping OS, so that's no win for them. Do you know the name of the distributer? I know it can't be horizon hobby as axial is no longer carried by them. Just need to know where to direct my hate mail

anf0, so you want to have to pay the 50-200% more $$$ at the LHS?

Kieren
    Last edited by Aussie Nerd; 01-09-2011 at 07:17 PM.
    What would you be if you were attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis? Screwed...

Cant see it happening

Sounds like Aussie distributors trying to stop us rather than the US

Get rid of the distributor model all together I say

No mention on Tower and I just did a dummy order and it went through fine

Even if something along those lines came in not hard to get around it

Have someone in the US buy it for you and post it (for a small fee) ............. problem solved

Cheers
    Last edited by crusey_aus; 01-09-2011 at 07:20 PM.
    Slash Platinum Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv
    TT Brushless Go-Kart / Castle Mamba Micro
    Losi 1/24 Rally
    Blade 400, 120SR, MSR

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Nerd View Post
    anf0, so you want to have to pay the 50-200% more $$$ at the LHS?
    Ignore anf0, he's just a sh.t stirrer. He loves to troll.
    Hobao Hyper 8SC
    Axial SCX10
    LRP S10 Drifter
    Spektrum DX3C

If this is true then it looks like AE LOSI OFNA Etc will get a few more sales hey...

But as crusey said im sure there will be ways around it...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    www.crawlanz.com

Banned

easy fix, rent a PO box in the US, have DDM/tower/amain or whatever send to your US po box with free shipping, pay the postage for it to come over here.... problem solved

This would only work for if the prices in aussie stores were comparable to those in the US. Otherwise, like everyone has said people (me included) will find a way around it.
    I agree with crusey sounds like the Aussie distributor trying to stop us rather than the US, I don't think the companies themselves would care, they make the money either way, just with the distributor its got a middle man.
    Last edited by Sandman77; 01-09-2011 at 07:46 PM. Reason: moreness
    Challenge Accepted

Senior Moderator little_drifter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crusey_aus View Post
    Cant see it happening

Sounds like Aussie distributors trying to stop us rather than the US

Get rid of the distributor model all together I say

No mention on Tower and I just did a dummy order and it went through fine

Even if something along those lines came in not hard to get around it

Have someone in the US buy it for you and post it (for a small fee) ............. problem solved

Cheers

like crusey said, even if it did happen, there would easily be a way around it.

They wont stop you buying from ebay, so just buy from ebay USA if the price is right.

Since taking to the sky I havnt ordered from either tower or amain, so really its not skin off my nose!

AIR:
    DJI Phantom - Spektrum DX9 Mode 2, Hobbyking Bixler v1.1

Aparently traxxas took the distributer off the company who had aus because of the **** job they were doing?

Not sure its the hooby shop i brought my summit off and he told me then he wasnt geting traxxas back in, but today he said the new distributer has heaps of stock so he'll be restocking them again. And the price will be "comparable" i mentioned another LHS who is large in my area and he just laughed and said they have everything to expensive.

I just have sum cars i want to order but dont have the money for em atm, and waiting for em to come back in stock.

Yeah the old traxxas distributor was southern model supplies, from what I've seen from my other hobbies they weren't exactly great.
    Maybe with new distributors it could make things a little better for aussie customers....maybe....hopefully.
    Challenge Accepted

SMS will stay on as the Traxxas distributor in Aus but also the Hobby Headquarters now carries Traxxas. It has actually ignited a bit of a price war between the two and this should (I repeat, SHOULD) bring Traxxas prices down somewhat. I know it is the case in the hobby shop that I work in casually. The owner is bringing all the Traxxas parts in line with Tower prices + 10%.
    Not sure about Amain and Tower being slammed with injunctions not to ship Traxxas or Axial over to Aus. I know that was the case with Kyosho at one stage on Amain. Just now I looked at the TRaxxas Spartan boat on Amain and it says that it isn't available for export to Australia. Hmmmmm???? Maybe there is some truth to it.

Well doubt I will be owning Traxxas anytime soon again but that would really suck if it was the case. Either way it will be a nail in the coffin for the local hobby scene if it starts heading down that road.
    BASH-BREAK-FIX-REPEAT. ALWAYS REPEAT.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NITROBUSA View Post
    Hey all, i picked up a warith today from a hobby shop and talking to him he told me that we'll no longer be able to order from tower and amain? generaly the us.

He said aparently the distrubuters for hpi, traxxas and axial are new and have slaped a court order or sumthing against the us companys that there not to sell to aus customers?

Said to him they better sort out the price difference and stock problems we have!

Tower wouldnt deliver by kyle buch with my erevo and i thort it was size of pakage but i dont no know?

Anyone heard anything?

The distributors for Hpi are different to the distributor for Axial and Traxxas. Hpi is licenced to Hobbies Australia and based in Newcastle.

The agent that has just picked up Traxxas, and will only be carrying about 50 lines of stock at this stage, and yes there is paperwork in the processes of being served by Traxxas head office in Texas, to stop US retail/wholesalers selling to other countries.

Baja...Because Size Matters!

Everybody is adding famous quotes to their sigs, so...My Mother to my Father on Disciplining me as a child....You hit him Noel, My Arm is getting tired.

R/C Guru
    ebay sellers are going to make a killing from this
    Owned List: Rc10t4,Rc10b4.1, Rc10b44 (coming soon) Rc8be, Rc8te Losi xxx cr, xray t2rpro, Merv,

I am sure that the Aussie distributors think this will make them more money but sadly I see a lot of them and hobby shops going out of business. No one will be prepared to pay the current overinflated prices that distributors demand and if there is no cars out there the local hobby shops will not be selling any parts neither. Seems very wrong to me.
    BASH-BREAK-FIX-REPEAT. ALWAYS REPEAT.

BB, just looked at the spartan on amain and it said it would only ship to the US so its not just us that can't get it.
    Just at a quick look it was the only traxxas vehicle that said that.
    Challenge Accepted

R/C Apprentice
    I wouldn't worry too much. The same thing happened a long time ago with high-end bicycles. Pretty much everyone in that sport buys parts from the UK. The aussie distributers have been trying for ages to stop the online stores with little success.
    GV Cage Brushless with Xerun 150A ESC and steel cage
    E-Maxx with Tacon 2150kv motor and Turnigy 150A ESC
    Traxxas Revo 3.3 | Stampede 4x4 VXL | Rustler XL-5 | Mini E-Revo with MMP running 4s

It is quite common for Manufacturers to specificy their goods can only be sold to a certain country. Foreign retailers will sell you the product; however, will not ship to an address outside the U.S for example.
    These are usually arrangments between the manufacturer and the importer, to protect their market share.

There is a range of new companies, especially in the U.S. that for a small fee, will give you a postal address to send your purchase, then they will re-package the purchase and send it to your address.
    www.shipito.com is an example of these providers.

Towers and Amain couldn't care less where you live, if they stop shipping certain brands to Australia it is only because the manufacturer is threatening their supply if they dont comply. They will quite happily sell their products to you regardless of where you live, just have it shipped to a US address, like above, and no more problems.
    Last edited by Mick.; 01-09-2011 at 09:45 PM.
    Bash: Trophy Truggy 4.6; Firestorm Flux; Mini Revo VXL; Vorza Flux
    Crawl: SCX10 'Bumble Bee'
    Scale: Scratch-built 75 Series Landcruiser
    Fly: Blade SR; MSR; MSRx; Align Trex 450 Pro V2

I remember not so long ago that A-Main wouldn't sell/send spektrum gear to aus.
    Cheers - Jeff.
    Baja 5BSS, buggys/truggys nitro rules! A couple of b/less drifters and nitro/bless helis and planes.
    Spektrum/JR and Futaba radios + empty wallet lol...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast