Byron Gen 2 25% or AT platium 25%

Byron Gen 2 25% or AT platium 25%

I'm having dillemah between these two fuel.
    Has anyone used both this fuel?? and if they did which one would you recommend?
    Actually there are 3 choice.
    byron gen 2 30% and 25%. and AT platium 25%
    LST2/DX3R Basher
    8ight-T 2.0/4PKS Racer

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Also price tag on byron 25%- 30% = $48 per gallon and AT platium 25% = $45 for 4L.
    Is it worth paying extra $4-5 for byron?
    LST2/DX3R Basher
    8ight-T 2.0/4PKS Racer

Quote Originally Posted by lst2 View Post
    Also price tag on byron 25%- 30% = $48 per gallon and AT platium 25% = $45 for 4L.
    Is it worth paying extra $4-5 for byron?
    I do not think my answer will be popular, as some will be hard and fast one way o the other, but i will explain how i think about most things that surround this world of RC.

RC fuel is a mix of mostly methanol, some % of nitromethene, some type of oil and perhaps some other additives. The methanol and nitro are in fixed amounts and there may be some difference between where these items are sourced, but i highly doubt it is a measurable difference. Unless of course you end up with a bad batch of fuel which is mostly water.

So in most instances the real difference between fuels, assuming that the methanol and nitro are of equal quality, comes down to oil types and additives used and perhaps even the ratio of oil to fuel. If oil and additives make up less than 1% by volume he effect they have on the performance of the engine is also going to be small.

So giving this some arbitrary value, so that we can quantify the effect, lets say for examples sake, this effect is 5%, are you the type of driver who is going to benefit in lap times between fuel A or fuel B to the order of 5%. If this is not going to matter to your lap times, then in most cases it does not matter what fuel you use, cause you car is going to spend more time being marshaled then doing laps.

In reality, the difference between fuel A and fuel B is orders of magnitude smaller, perhaps even in the sub 1% range, for which most of us humble club racers will not see any real gain in using one fuel over the other and it really just comes down to personal preference, budget and the availability of the fuel in question.

So, probably by a litre of both and see which one the engine prefers, its about as good as anything for 99% of rc drivers. Cavat: **** fuel is always going to be **** fuel, so don't buy anything that is obvious rubbish, tho, the brands you mentioned are both reputable, so that it not really a concern for this discussion.