Australian RC Forums banner

help

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  fatcat 
#1 ·
After many years I have got back into RC, but I need some help?

How do I free up a nitro motor that has been sitting for some time.

Cheers FATCAT

#2 ·
Rip it apart. Soak it in WD40 at least overnight. Get a toothbrush (this is a good time to take revenge on a family member you don't like much) and scrub every part with WD40. Blast all the parts with compressed air and assemble the engine using after run oil (even auto trans fluid works great) on all the parts. This is would be a good time to change engine bearings as they will nearly always cop irreversible damage from corrosion.

It is possible to get an engine unstuck after it's been sitting for a while but bare in mind it will not last long. Just the other day I fixed two Kyosho Madforce trucks that same thing happened too. Both engines were stuck and full of brown crud (rust). Cleaned them out and put them back together. Got the running although I doubt they will last long. When engines sit for that long (especially if they weren't properly lubricated before hand) they get corrosin on all metal parts like cylinder liner, bearings and crank. While you can take some off and get the engine moving the surface has been permanently damaged. This will cause much faster wear.

Anyway good luck with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.