Australian RC Forums banner

Rediculus Ebay listings...

69K views 297 replies 61 participants last post by  thor 
#1 ·
#2 ·
nice how you can't ask the seller a question either. I tried but says you can't contact this seller.

Meh whats it matter anyways. I have seen LHS sell turnigy batts for more than this guy is. Ebay is good like that. You can always find what you want to buy more expensive than what it is direct from a normanl supplier like HK.

#4 ·
#3 ·
omg i nearly fell over at those prices, arnt they like just under half if not almost a quarter on hk than what this bloke is selling em for?

#5 ·
with todays battery and esc and motor pricing, its probaably worth me getting a Fk around car so i dont have to fire up the baja all the time ya know, at $20 a lipo, $300 for a sweet az motor esc combo and $300 for a good 1/10 or 1/8 offroader to stick it in, $750 with 5 batteries and a charger! like holly crap, i remember when lipos first come out, hard case orions and all sorta stuff, $200 a lipo like wtf lol

#6 ·
just be careful though Mr Baja. Once you go brushless it is VERY addictive.

I am weighing up a big ass motor for my boat now. Thinking it would be easy and prolly faster then petrol but petrol is just fun for the noise factor and easy to keep running all day. Just like a baja lol

#7 ·
I don't know, the brushless is ace but just as you start getting into it the batt runs out. Nothing like filling up a tank and running for 40min non stop and the sweet smell of two stroke. Then when the tank runs out taking a min to fill the tank and go again!
I must admit the first few runs nearly had me, and if the run times had been another 10-15 min longer I may have questioned buying the mcd. Everything has it's place tho, and it is nice to get the electric out and not get off side with anyone for noise complaints!
Hmmm... Slightly off topic! Lol

#8 ·
matt ive already been down the brushless route, rc18b with wraith 7k and some big ass tiny speedo running on a 4S that got it upto 99.8mph, or 165odd kmph for us aussies lol

this was about 5 years ago, and never realy got into anything bigger than 1/18th scale as it was way tooo expensive back then compared to now

#9 ·
lol as for ebay battery prices, they are insane, seen a 4s 5000 turnigy softpack for about 170, 2s for say 90 or deal of the year 2 and connections of your choice for 220.... omg bargain right lmfao ebay must love these fools they pay for every ad they do and seriously couldnt ever sell anything

#11 ·
Remember also...we dont see what the US pays for their items from HK, we also dont see how much they pay for shipping.

The items the guy is selling may cost more in the US and shipping may also be dearer. (I received a large letter from the US recently that cost nearly $10 postage, double what it cost us in Australia)

Add to that, he also has ebay fees, paypal fees, and he offers free shipping, so postal fees, and he INCLUDES a Power Supply for the Accucel charger, which adds a little more cost.

Should he just suck it up, and list the things with no mark up? He is making money by offering items for sale that make the general consumer's job easier, most people dont have the time or couldn't be bothered to scour dozens of pages, trying to find just the right part or battery.

Before you critisize him to much, walk a mile in his shoes, it is easy to sit by a bag him out without knowing the whole story.

#13 ·
They have a US warehouse there too. Prices are similar to our Aussie warehouse (give or take a dollar). They have 1 cent shipping from time to time for entire US (well the 48 lower states). Other times shipping is about what we pay here for the packages from Aussie warehouse. His mark up is HUGE!!! I know he can ask what ever he wants for it as he is in the possession of the goods in question but I still think he is preying on the new to the hobby. Accucel6 is about $20 + PS another $10. Chuck in the delivery fee of $10 (probably less since I am pretty sure he is buying in bulk) and his $90 markup starts to look like a daylight robbery. If he put $60 or even $70 as the price he might actually move a few of them.

Still people that buy from Ebay and don't do any research about what they are buying might even deserve what's coming to them. I still feel sorry for the poor tools.

#12 ·
Plenty of people make a living on ebay by doing exactly what he is

Good luck to him if he can get what he asks

Caveat Emptor !

People have started to do it here in Australia too, funny thing is even with a nice markup they still look good compared to some LHS !

Few years ago I thought about doing something similar, importing a few cars / parts then selling then on for a small profit

Wish I went through with it

Even now there would be a few bucks to me made by simply buying stuff from Tower, adding $50 and selling it locally

Cheers

#14 ·
Plenty of people make a living on ebay by doing exactly what he is

Good luck to him if he can get what he asks

Caveat Emptor !

People have started to do it here in Australia too, funny thing is even with a nice markup they still look good compared to some LHS !

Few years ago I thought about doing something similar, importing a few cars / parts then selling then on for a small profit

Wish I went through with it

Even now there would be a few bucks to me made by simply buying stuff from Tower, adding $50 and selling it locally

Cheers
Not really worth doing unless you are selling a fair bit of gear, remember, you have to warrant the item for the full warranty period and wear all the costs, if something goes wrong. Like one ebay seller who recently was forced to refund the full retail price of a large nitro engine, when an engine let go and destroyed itself. He had bought in a model and just threw a few extra bucks on it to resell, sold the item as new in box, and as a result, had to warrant the item as if he was a retailer.

#15 ·
With extensive experience with ebay I can sure my fellow flyers it is easy to manipulate the system
Although ebay changed its practices over the last couple of years it is still easy to prey on people
Ie:
Items not listed with full information that creates in a buyers mind what they wont to see - Predictive Marketing
The bigger sellers will sell C**P and give the buyer as much of a run around as possible and hope they give up
Or even better tell the buyer "Yeah Yeah we will definatley help you as a valued customer (BS)
Once the 30days return policy expires for some reason you dont hear from the seller nor can you leave feedback ???????

Well the list goes on and on
It is a Buyer BEWARE
Newbies should seek advice through forums like this one or speak with experienced pilots - save yourself the headaches

#17 · (Edited)
LOL

$400 worth at best and $250 of that is motor / esc

Maybe an extra $800 for the $100 1406 7700kv motor that he says is included

Love to know what brand his 65c batts are .............. none that fit AFAIK

He has decent feedback might be a typo, maybe he meant $120

Cheers

#19 ·
I am thinking he has added the retail cost of everything he spent on it, and then called it his buy price.

#24 ·
haha you would suspect a typo but the shipping figure is in the listing details and also in the actual typed text, that guy really doesn't want to ship outside of the US.

#28 ·
I actually messaged the seller saying wtf lol and they replied with sorry typo etc and I think you will see they have fixed it now....

Was funny to see though lol. If they didnt want to post international why give the option?

I think it may of been one of those genuine mistakes. Like ya said they are manually typed. So quite easy to screw it up.

#26 ·
WTH is going on with those colours! is that a pink pipe I see?

#27 ·
That is so wrong! What was he thinking?

#29 ·
#30 ·
bit over the top for a rtr but i remember walking into a shop and they had a SV27 for 600 bucks rtr. Nearly fell over lol.

But in saying that I paid 600 for a elec boat once. And thats without radio gear too. Allthough the motor mounts n esc prolly cost that much lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.