Australian RC Forums banner

Signature Images - Important Update

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MarkBaja 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

When we release V3 of AUSRC.COM, one of the things we spent a lot of time on was a revamp of the forum rules. I think typically the rules have been well received, but there are still a few holes.

One of the areas that I have wanted to revisit was Signature Images. There has always been a "bug" in the system that has allowed larger images to be used than are permitted.

Firstly, let me remind everyone as to what the signature rules are:

Forum Rules said:
SIGNATURES AND AVATARS
Signatures

Signature privileges and features are based on user membership or subscription status and include limits for the number of characters, images and links accordingly. All images, text and links in signatures are subject the the same rules about advertising and suitability as any other content on the boards contributed by members.

Where images are permitted in the signature block, the signature must be no larger than 600 pixels x 150 pixels. Members with signature images larger than this will be notified that their signature will need to be resized. If the signature image is not resized within 7 days of notification, it will be removed.

Externally linked content may be commercial in nature but must comply with the standard board rules on advertising and appropriate content. Links are included in signature size limits.

Please note that posting business names or links in signatures for businesses directly related to the RC market, but not current AUSRC.COM Sponsors, is not permitted, consistent with the rules on advertising. As a member's signature appears under every post it contributes to the content in that post. Non-Sponsor commercial entities listed in signatures therefore are being posted with every post and cannot be construed as innocent-links or market intelligence.
Obviously the sections related to images and links only refer to those members with paid subscriptions that have those options available to them.

I have now identified the bug in relation to oversized images and will be correcting this on 18 March 2011. That gives all members with signature images 3 weeks to get their images into the required 600 x 150 pixel format. If at this time the images are too large, they will stop displaying.

The reason for the size restriction is to prevent pages getting too long, and to assist with thread load times.

Obviously if you have any questions, please come back to me.

Cheers,
Chris.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.