Australian RC Forums banner

hsp crawler thread

34K views 58 replies 17 participants last post by  Twizzleittery 
#1 ·
hi all, my new hsp crawler got here today and went for the first crawl. so far the standerd esc's drag break was enough to hold it anywhere it would go so it wont be upgraded for a while (untill it stops working). the tires look grippy but aren't very crash hot:mad: and the foams are soft, very soft actually but hold the wheight of the rig. the suspention is pretty sh!tty and the torque twist is massive and the chassis sits too high. the tires rub on the lower link and the body so the body will need some trimming. it goes almost 80 degreas up before it rolls backwards. it has no steering angle (about 10-15 degreas). and the gearbox is essentaily a cheap knock-off of the ax10 gearbox. all in all it's about what you would expect from hsp. so, here's some pics (forgot the camera when i took it for a run)

#41 ·
well i'm sorry if i offended anyone, all i was trying to do was get my point across that he was thinking of the wrong crawler. the lock isn't needed as i've posted enough in this thread and it was obiously a mistake in creating this thread but i will finish this by saying that i have mentioned that it is a 1/10 and have posted pictures, all of this only happened because he didn't belive me about my crawler and anyway, i'm not converting, i'm buying an scx10.

#42 ·
Sorry CC, but the Ban pic is not helpful to your case, I believe you owe GV an apology, right or wrong he has a right to be heard, as do you.
I am in 2 minds, wether to close the thread or wait and see if your attitude changes.

Be advised, it had better, or this thread will be closed.

Please refrain from verbally attacking other forum members, if you dis-agree with the info you receive, disregard it.

Cheers
Pete

#43 ·
Yeh i believe you need to re avaluate your maners Brendan......and give GV an apology...also it is always better to say nothing & listen rather than abuse others.

In short....Wake up to your self.

#44 ·
okay, i'm sorry for personally attacking you gv. i should not have went off like that and explained in a more calm manner. i will try to see others points more clearly from now on and make myself very clear.

#45 ·
Okay, latest damage report, the front left wheel isn't driving as the left half of the diff lock is shreaded and the front right hub keeps popping out and the yok on the rear drive shaft is continuously popping out (fixed by a zip tie) and that's about it for now.

#46 ·
I totally eliminated The torque twist by using two pen springs, one on the front left shock and one on the back right. They don't affect the flex much but during testing the front right c hub broke again so I'm trying to get warranty on the c hubs.

#47 ·
Hi guys just joined the forum. I have bought my son a 1/10 hsp crawler for 50 bucks and it doesn't have the front drive shaft ,so my question is can I get parts in oz or eBay I have seen helipal but will I actually gets the goods please help.
My boy is 5 years so maybe get the drive shafts and sell it for a honcho what I have read so far of this crawler.
Cheers sav

#53 ·
Was going to create a new thread but might as well just keep this one alive. From what I can tell the HSP Pangolin 1/10 is similar if not a copy of the Axial AX-10. Many people have converted their AX-10 into an SCX-10. I will probably do this with my HSP.

Video on how to convert an AX-10 to an SCX-10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZCvf2g36yA

Video in my above post is from someone-else who has done this already.

You can buy a complete chassis assembly from ebay for no very much.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...H0.XSCX10+chassis&_nkw=SCX10+chassis&_sacat=0

#54 ·
For anyone who cares the HSP Pangolin is identical to the Maverick Scout. I believe HSP make the Scout for them. The electronics appear to be different but the rest is identical. The Scout is very popular in the UK so if you need any help/tips with conversions etc search for Maverick Scout instead of HSP Pangolin.

#55 ·
Hi Everyone,

Have been looking for a bigger and better body for my 1/8 Hsp crawler since 2011 and have finally found one. It's a Smartech body, from a 1/5 big foot. Mounted it with some hsp body posts used in their 10th scale on road cars. Enjoy the pics.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Car Tread
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

#57 ·
The gearbox mount/skid plate has to have 2 of the holes slotted to mount up the HSP gearbox. Otherwise everything else just worked. I fitted stock plastic axial links on the front as i had them spare. I used some of the HSP links to make a 4 link setup on the rear. The front lower links on the HSP are bent inwards to give more steering angle. I turned these 90deg and used them for rear lower links. The bend gives them higher clearance. Then used the rear links to make upper links for the rear with a custom 4 link mount. I also deleted the rear steering bar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.