Australian RC Forums banner

X4 rally car

14K views 36 replies 10 participants last post by  Dudez 
#1 ·
Hi guys anyone know anything about the new X4 rally car? Can u buy them yet?

#4 ·
I did another search and found the MCD Racing site. Looks good!

#7 ·
I'm pretty sure that it will not be available for at least 3 or 4 months. And as Billybob said it has a shorter wheelbase than the RR buggys.. also i think that the track is a liitle smaller so that means that the arms will be smaller.

#13 ·
I'd be guessing about that price too Billybob, although with aud being so good at the moment i'm hoping it will be a little better.

#15 ·
Definitely thinking about getting one... i reckon including engine, pipe and electrics it will cost at least $2500. Problem is i am now looking at spending a bit on the two MCD's that i have now... the RRV4 is about to get some alloy upgrades and MCD alloy parts are not cheap. Anyway, got at least 3 months to save for it... and i really wanted a Subaru WRX shell, not sure if they will be releasing any commercially available 1:1 car shapes.

#16 · (Edited)
the more i look at it the more i want one, just love the way that one on the mcd racing site sit's and looks..

just having another look at it, and iknow some of you said the arm's are smaller etc,

but i have a question for you mcd boy's... if i brought one of these and i got sick of road use, would i be able to covert it to a v4 buggy by replacing the arm's suspension,etc..or is the chassis different to the v4??..looks to be the same setup, just smaller arm's.. i may be wrong as i don,t own a mcd to compare it..

#17 ·
Ambro the old rally car was based on the very first mcd buggy and that was'nt crash hot.The old one was smaller wheelbase and not as wide so I reckon this one might be based on the v4 buggy but possibly have different arms,shocks and body mounts.If you want to see an original have a look at a fs road car that is basically the old mcd rally,but I could be wrong.

#18 ·
I think there would be no reason that you could not do what you have ask Ambro, the RRV4 shocks alone are worth almost $300.... you'd also need different gears $200.... I reckon to do a full conversion, you wont get much change from $1000. So yeah can be done if you have the money.

#28 ·

If somebody wanted to buy one of these for me that would be awesome =]

#33 ·
Thanx mate sold the 2 cars I had at the track the other day and got the harm and now the rally car let me know if u head out to the track at all I'm stinging to get the harm out. The mcd will arrive in about 2 weeks psr has not got them yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.