Australian RC Forums banner

New V4 Comp

12K views 40 replies 9 participants last post by  sperera 
#1 ·
Got this the other day from PSR, as always arrived the next day.;) Have done the breather mod and put on some plastic forks, just waiting on some servos and a fullforce fuel line kit to finish it off. Here is some pics with the shell all painted up...

See less See more
#4 ·
again mate fkn awesome paint job, very impressive.

cant wait for those servo's to arrive so I can bash with another 4WD :D

#5 ·
Hi Guys
It looks good!
I have never seen one of these beasts in the flesh. I have heard some great things about these beasts.
You boys should join us here for some 4x4 racing one day.
I will be more than happy to put you guys up at our track.
What do you say!
Here is your choice of accommodation;
http://www.qldrifle.com/QRAAccomodation.htm
It is walking distance from the track.

#6 ·
Mate I'd be keen, but I have a newborn and I'm not sure how happy the missus would be about me taking off for a weekend, but you just never know....
I know Sohan would be up for it, if we can make it happen we will let you know! Cheers for the offer, hope to meet one day in the future...

Merry Christmas!

#8 ·
Cheers mate, I must say the silver worked really well on the sides, the grill stickers silver matched it perfectly! It always takes me hours sticking the masks on, cutting out little curves and circles to get the corners right. The windows were a pita to get the silver line around them, you can't see in the pics but it's not perfect, but I'm still happy with it.

Just hanging out to get it up and running now, it needs to get dirty!

#9 ·
Nice ride mate! More V4 MCD the better! Cant wait to get the ultimate version of these and race against the best again next year.

What motor and servos you putting in there?

Make sure you oil the linkage behind the spring on the throttle servo because they tend to stick after some gunk buildup. And locktite the bolt under the screw of the throttle servo because it will be the first one to go on ya.
Replace the fuel clunk with the Zenoah as its better than the stock one.

Have fun with it mate and hope to see you at a track sometime.

#10 ·
Cheers mate, got a zen g290 in there and am waiting on 2 hitec 5755 servos for the steering. I have one already which I have setup the throttle with. I actualy ordered a fg throttle linkage with the car to replace the stock one cos I heard about this problem and have the zen clunk which came with the engine, just waiting on some ffrc fuel line to fix it up. Can't believe the weight that was on the end of the stock fuel line! You would think with the quality of the car they would put a decent filter in the tank? I have also changed all the alloy forks with plastic ones and done the breather mod on the fuel cap. If there is anything I have missed that you would suggest let me know, it's always good to get info from people who have been there and know! Yep the ultimate will be a very nice bit of kit if this is anything to go by, will come with a hefty pirice tag too... But all that alloy will look tough as nails!

#11 ·
Hi Suzukiboy
I am looking forward to racing with you.
The V 4 definitely looks good can’t wait to see it in action.
More photos boys.:thumb:

#12 ·
any word on the order stu?

#14 ·
is this the first time you cant wait to get back to work? :lol:

#17 ·
awesome, cant wait to see it in action.

did you see a date has been set (05/02 at ordish rd) for the first VIC large scale club meet and bash?

#19 ·
hope to see you there, sorry for hijacking the thread stu :D

#20 ·
Yep I did see that, hopefully I'll have both cars up and running with g290's. Have to go over the B after running on the beach, didn't have anywhere to clean it up so I drowned it in crc, hope it hasn't rusted up! I'll get all my parts together on Monday, servos, ffrc fuel lines and outwares for the mcd and try to run it in before then...

#21 ·
should be right, at least you did something to prevent it.

#22 ·
so stu when you going to update us with the latest :D

#23 ·
Ok, iv been a bit slack over this side of the tracks... Good news, she is finally up and running! I only got a 5min run, think i forgot to do up a grub screw on the throttle linkage and it fell off the carby loosing the bit that holds it on.:bang: All good thoe got a replacement today so im all set to run her in. :thumb: In the 5min i did get in all i can say is this car is going to rock, handles soooo well, and the g290 with the vrc silenced pipe give it all the kick i need (i didnt even go that hard, cant wait till she is run in). Anyway, onto some build pics...

This is the breather mod, just runs out the back so fuel wont leak everywhere with a filter in the middle of the line.

Here is the radio box, just cut a little out of it and the lid so i could run the charge plug out and the pico wire in. Had a mate who we bash with to help me out with making a splitter for the servos, and to run a led so you could tell when the power was on. A silly mistake we put the led on the wrong side, but it works well shining under the carb and looks a bit bling...

#24 ·
Here is how i ran the fuel lines using a ffrc V2 kit. People have had problems with them melting so i used a long bolt where the engine shroud is held on with a nut up against the shrould, and i piece of fuel line over the remaining bolt for the fuel lines to sit on. Hope it works, time will tell i guess. I just cabletied the lines down at the back to keep them away from the pipe...

Oh, also done the mesh mod to the crank case, a quick drive on freshly cut grass and it got everywhere!

Here is some pics of the car finished under the shell. Oh, used some heat wrap on the pipe in the hope i wont melt anything...

#27 ·
Nice work mate... it looks really good. As you have found out their so good drive... and with the g290 you'll really love it.

#28 ·
top job once again stu, looks MAGIC!

you coming down to ordish rd tommorow? finish the break in then we can have a race :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.