Australian RC Forums banner

New V4 Comp

12K views 40 replies 9 participants last post by  sperera 
#1 ·
Got this the other day from PSR, as always arrived the next day.;) Have done the breather mod and put on some plastic forks, just waiting on some servos and a fullforce fuel line kit to finish it off. Here is some pics with the shell all painted up...

See less See more
#29 ·
I can see a video happening soon! Love that car.

#30 ·
Cheers fellas, yep should be a vid coming up soon. Just got the missus a hd camcorder for her birthday, hope she let's me use it! Oh, and I love this engine! So much so I have another one to chuck in the 5b, so I'll try to get that back together tonight/tomorrow and have two to run in!

#31 ·
Got the first full tank through today, these cars are amazing! Handles so well, just brake throw it into a corner then full throttle for monster drifts on grass and hard packed surfaces with loose stuff on top. Need some ventilation in the front windscreen, it gets so hot under the shell, but all in all these cars are brilliant! Can't wait to get some vid of this in action.

#34 ·
u missed an awesome bash stu, glad ur loving the MCD, cant wait to race against you!

#36 ·
ive got to do that airport run so wont be much time for me, but maybe sunday at ordish if your free.

#37 ·
Haven't updated this thread in a while, love this car but must admit I haven't used it as much as I would like. Tend to get the 5b out a lot more at bash sessions and get this out when the b falls apart lol. Managed to break a front diff cup landing bad off a jump and have since done the mod from bajamans? Thread of increasing the size of the steering stops so the bone won't rub on the cup at full lock. Seams to have worked so far, time will tell. Also looking at putting trenchers on the front and rear, not sure I should buy hpi adapters or just get some rear hubs and shim them to fit. Had a bit of a play in the backyard on the weekend showing a mate who droped in, managed to rip up the grass in 5min and slide sideways into a supporting pole for the rear deck putting a hole in the shell. I knew better but even if it's in the backyard I have to push it...

#38 ·
You could use the hpi hexes and just shim them out or try drilling a new hole on one of the other sides of the hex... you just need to make sure your spot on with the drill or the pin wont go in if it's drilled crooked.

#39 ·
i think once a proper track gets set up stu in our area the MCD will get a ton of usage.

u should take the MCD to the essex park track when it dries out, i love using he FG 4WD there.

#40 ·
Yeah, I'm thinking of picking up some hpi axles to for the wheels, shame I gave my last ones to Gr lol. Do you think axle extenders would work?

Yeah Sohan, wouldn't mind getting down there for a run. Is that the track I met you at once or the other one you kept telling me about but never dried out? It's not looking good with all the rain we have had over the past two days.

#41 ·
yeah essex park is the one ive taken you to, where you had the head on with the slash that I now own :lol:

yeah with this weeks rain dont even bother going down there. it will be flooded for a couple of weeks and thats only if we get more sun!

the other track on Doveton Ave will be flooded for months, holds its water allot longer than essex park

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.