Australian RC Forums banner

My new toy SCX10 Honcho

33K views 143 replies 25 participants last post by  Matt Revilo 
#1 · (Edited)
My Honcho trailer

Again one of them impulse buying thing that some of us are guilty of. Seen this on the net and AGAIN have to have it, problem is that im now addicted to the true scale look of it and wanting to do much more to it as well. More lights, better motor-esc system, better radio........and more bling! Well, just finished it with the new lights setup.

See less See more
#29 ·
Reason for all this is that the missus is doing her certificate for her child care thingy for tafe and shes studying for this weekends assessment. So i thought id sneak in the garage and do some stuff but the stuff got bigger and more expensive.

2 am. Just finished setting up the winch system and new radio installed. Tomoz i gotta work out how to mount this fuel tank and have liquid inside so that it slushes around like real fuel inside a see through fuel tank.

#30 ·
Lol 2 am sorted out angelas diff that was missing a bearing and got her turtle rear brace and clutch installed after soldering her pick deans lol.

You gotta ting the honcho and your buggy thing to the next open day I wanna see these babies in real life.

#31 ·
Update on my ride.

Custom roof rack.
Custom fuel tank and pipes with real 15% nitro in the tank. You can see it slush around the tank.
Re re positioned the lights on the rear bar.
Installed the proline stuff.
Mate of mine Wally gave me the steel rope with the crimped stuff (dunno what its called). Thanks Wally.
Made more bungee chord stuff.
Replaced the rear aerial.

#37 ·
Cielo, dont really need to spend money on it....well a little bit but mainly make stuff yourself. You know how to mate, your a drifter! :)

Ha Aaron, just used them to see what else i could put on top of the racks. Need to find some other container.

Kitchen sink? Hmm.... Nahh, I think this will be the last thing i do stuff to this shell. Starting to get too crammed up, until i get a new shell.

Heres some updates. Hated the spaghetti of a wiring i done from the beginning, it was not planned and just added stuff as i went so took one of the light boxes to minimize wires under the shell.

Re shuffled the lights as i wasnt happy where they were before so here it is.

#42 ·
Shell is lexan and came clear. Used Tamiya translucent red then backed it with heavy metallic silver (RC brand paint). Couldnt think what it would look like now if its painted on the outside like the Hi lift Toyota from Tamiya, be so full of scratches.

Ok, being so impatient from where the wheels and other stuff is coming from so im having a go at the trailer. Never done any brazing before so i just used solder and my soldering iron and it seems to have worked great. Its pretty damn strong even without cross braces in the centre which i will do as well when i get some more tubing.

And bought some scale looking cars like 1:10 scale for the crawler. Had to get a skyline painted thesame as my drifter and a crawler as well. The buggy looks like crap but will hunt around for a bigger one so it can be 1:5th scale from the crawler and paint it like my Baja or MCD depending on what shape i can find. Oh and my novak rooster have arrived and have been installed.

#43 ·
Started on the trailer 3 days ago and this is how far ive gone with it and i am proud of what i have done so far. Looks a bit dirty still but all the slag be cleaned off later. This is the first time i've done something like this so be nice.

Used my weller gas iron and dremel to do all the work but solder on brass is pretty damn strong! I thought it'd be weak but surprised. Heres some pics.

#45 ·
Lock handle flipping up has a reason. This is just the bottom half and will still do a functioning lip with a kinda strut thingy like the one that holds the lid of my ute.

Made these spring loaded struts and surprisingly can hold some weight. Its 80mm long, compress 15mm and had 850g on both and still had 5mm of compression left. These will go to hold the lid up i hope with the other stuff that i will be putting on it.

This is about the height that i want finished.

#48 ·
Thats gold tha trailer looks just like a mini built one. I take me hat off to your dedication.

I was in me LHS utha day and they have the honcho in stock but its the green body rtr, thats why i askd how u painted the body?
Tower seam to have them in rtr but u haveto paint the body, plus they cheaper atm with aussie dollar.

Orr yea extra kudos points for the 360 setup nexto the flat screen...

#49 ·
Thanks Scratch!

Dunno what to put on there yet cielo but i might put the drifter and the truck on the trailer.
I think it was the Botswana special. The foxtel box is full of recorded repeats of Topgear. Big fan, can watch repeats all day.

Nitro, I like building my cars and thats where all the fun is, as in if you installed something wrong thatyoud have to dismantle it and start again kinda thing.

Heres more pics of my trailer as it is at the moment. Still not finished, kinda 50% to where i want it to be.

#52 ·
Well, changed a few things with the trailer and i think im happy with it for now. Found some shocks that i like to replace the spring setup that i had. Re positioned the hubs for the wheels so its a bit closer to the centre.

#53 ·
Found this on ebay and its a billet aluminum 3 piece wheel and they look hot. Will have to fit them on the next set of wheels.

Made a snorkel as well because i couldnt find anything that i like to suit the toyota shell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.