Australian RC Forums banner

Bolt Spec Needed - Urgent

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  sperera 
#1 ·
got the proper large alloy engine mount today ;)

but its missing a couple of bolts.

does anyone know the specs of the two bolts at the top of the large engine mount, one holds the belt cover on and the other secures the mount to the diff housing.
i can check with a local bolt shop once I know the specs of it.

#2 ·
went to hobby shop on weekend and got myself a cable and some small attachments, because of the angles a rod would need to be i thought a cable might be better, and for $10 worth a try!

so here is what I did. not happy with it, i think the brakes bind slightly because cable does not push the arm back, but ive got a solution im going to try tonight and ill get more pics up.

took it out for the first run yeasterday but it lasted only 30 seconds before something went wront in the clutch area, here's what I found. Got no play money left until next month so trying to get myself another pair of shoes until I can buy some new ones.

#3 ·
last pic shows how worn the pads are, oh well easy fix :D

#4 ·
Sperera the problem u are having with the cable situation you can either fix two ways. Ring Kelletts and ask them for extension piece that goes between the horn and linkage for the throttle on the bx-3. Or you could get a 3mm set screw say 50mm long, two lock nuts and a piece of tube.Screw the bolt thru the servo horn then the tube,locknut swivell then another lock nut. Good luck.

#6 ·
bugger I just realised I put these last couple of posts up in the wrong thread. DOH!

ill update my alloy beast thread, thanks for the info seano, ive made some changes to the brake, let me know what you think. towie i got the fg like this, didnt even get 30 seconds out of it, but yeah SOMONE got their moneys worth out of them LOL!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.