Australian RC Forums banner

Rules - Chatbox

7K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  rasigs 
#1 ·
With the introduction of the Chatbox, it introduces a whole new headache for the Moderating and Admin Team at AUSRC.COM.

In a nutshell, the Chatbox, like any other part of the site, is governed by the AUSRC.COM rules.

Therefore, all of the following topics still apply:

• Appropriateness of content
  • Personal Attacks
  • Spamming
  • Trolling
Please remember, the Chatbox can bee seen by members AND guests. We do not know the age or backgound of people viewing the content, so let's keep it clean.

Cheers,
Chris.

#7 ·
I'm wondering if we can have a poll to go back to not having a chat box? I wasn't on here for long before v3 however I think the chat box has meant more questions are being asked on the fly instead of having a thread a made up or at least searched for.

The chat has been good for small chats that don't require threads however I've seen a lot of questions and answers provided that would be beneficial for future reference and I have also seen people ask questions hat go unanswered because its been asked when nobody is online and later forgotten about.

#10 ·
it must seem like hypocrisy but i definitely think the forum would benefit not having the chat box, maybe a pointless thread where people can just chat but not a live chat.

#11 ·
IMO the chat box has ruined the forum with meaningless crap.

There is a talk sh1t thread that has been running for ages.

If the main page of the forum refreshed itself with current threads and posts like the old version the whole thing would be much better.

We still have our advert on there that's 3 months old, our race season has finished, surely the front page can be modified.

One thing that ****es me off is seeing the same people continually posting on every thread possible all the time, it's just post whoring, posts need to have substance and content!!
Seriously haven't you all got work to do!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Lol what i use to do, reap knowledge from those who shall return -.- well hopefully i'm glad that i got to learn a bunch of stuff during v2 since v3 there hasn't been much useful info posted.

#14 ·
As far as I can see forum traffic in general has dropped off dramatically over the last 6 weeks or so

I dont think you can blame the chatbox for that

Lately I have been giving what I think is handy advice to people who are looking for quick answers or advice, dont really see any drama in that

If the questions were posted as threads the forum would be full of similar threads rehashing the same topics

Cheers

#16 ·
i think we definitely need a poll,

IMHO the chat has discouraged people from posting their threads as intros are being done on the chat and the handy advice that is being given out, although it is handy it is only good for the 5 minutes people can actually see if where as if it were a thread the info is there for all to see and contribute and it will be easy to find with a search.

even if a question has already been asked the chat is stopping people from searching and picking up other information and contributions along the way, a revised thread is always good reading even for those who have read it before.

the chat has been useful but as if the chat was gone and the front page reflected the info from v2 i believe the forum could gain its traffic back.

also if we could take from the mods and their clean up a fresh slate to get other members back to posting such as allanach who had heaps of good info for noobs this would also help.

#18 ·
ummm tbh i still consider myself a noob and i don't know how to

#20 ·
to be honest i think the chat is good as most dont get to chat to most off here and yes there are the facts u can ask advise and get the answer right away i think it is a good thing
members are still posting as well so it has a benifit along side the forums as people work all diff times and chat at all diff times

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.