Australian RC Forums banner

Roko's new beetle body

6K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  sperera 
#1 · (Edited)
Roko needed a new shell so I painted him this one.

Then he says it's too good to use and calls me a ######### and says now he's gotta buy another one.

So then I painted this one today and I dont care if I gotta drive it myself, it's gonna get used goddamnit!

See less See more
#8 ·
they both looks awesome mate, id be very happy! dont knw which one I pref tho as I like em both.

as for essential upgrades I dont know the track but if youve already done the alloy diffs im assuming youve done the alloy engine mounts. U running a steel spur?

other than that i found the alloy pulleys (for belt just behind front diff) to be quite good.

hope this helps.

#9 ·
Yes I have done the alloy engine mount and main gear holder.
Do the front and rear uprights hold well? Yes I run steel pinion and Main gears the ones without the grub screws.

The problem I had with the 2wd FGBaja was stripping the thread on the front uprights.

#12 ·
uprights arnt a problem, the uprights on the 4WD are heaps beefier than the 2wd, infact id go as far as saying the plastic 4wd uprights are better than the alloy ones.

do you know what pulley's your running? its a bit of a PITA to change them if one seizes its going to destroy the belt and put ALLOY of stress on the clutch.

if you can find one a front alloy upper suspension mount is a good idea as is the rear, tons of flex on the stockers. the bolts that go through the front upper suspension mount and into the upper suspension cap bend quite easy, so keep some bolts spare.

good luck mate, im sure the strength of the FG will outlast everything else :D

#14 ·
yep i highly recomend the alloy pulleys, worth bugger all and def worth the little extra. i went through 3 sets of plastic pulley's before I upgraded and havent had the same problem since.

Yes colin sells them, cant find them on his website, just had a look but thats where I got mine from

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.