Australian RC Forums banner

Phoenix simulator - automatic update probs

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  pbnz 
#1 ·
Guys,

I have just noticed from another thread, that quite a few of you have Phoenix.

I got a s/h v2.5 version last weekend which is a FAther's Day present.

I did haveto test it though ;)............

Installs and plays ok but I note when I try an automatic update, it will download the update files, but when it goes to install, will kind of hang. Phoenix is meant to close down for the installation to happen, but it doesn't.

Even if I don't install updates, now and then, it won't exit and I need to stop the program via Task Manager.

I'm running Win XP SP3 with a 512mb nvidia based grahics card. I have updated the graphics driver and reinstalled Direct X but doesn't seem to make a difference to the issue.

It's no big deal as I can install updates manually via the "install updates manually" program that installs with Phoenix.

Just interested though as to whether others have experienced similar issues.

Cheers,

Steve

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Steve, there is an issue with one of the 2.5__ updates, I can't for the life of me remember which one. Basically the best way around it is to go to the phoenix website (look at brooknet in australia) and download the latest update from there and install it.
The dongle is the copy protection feature in phoenix so the software can be installed/downloaded at will.
After you have installed the update manually you should find it does all the automatic things fine.
If you need more technical help let me know, the phoenix team are a great help, but I am pretty sure you will find its not windows and just a need to download the latest version direct from the site.
Cheers,
Nolan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.