Australian RC Forums banner

Hpi Savage to Savage Flux Conv Kit

16K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  chrisb 
#1 ·
Hpi have released a new kit for converting a Nitro Savage to a Savage Flux.

The kit includes a complete change over including

*TVP rails
*Battery Boxes
*New engine plate
*Engine mounts
*Machine Heavy Duty 9t/29t Bullet Proof Diffs
*Pinion gears
*New esy acces diff housings
*Receiver plate to block nitro on/off switch
*Heavy Duty Dog Bones and Axles
*Screw kit to complete the change-over
*Pinion and Spur gear
*Conversion gears for gearbox to change to a forward/reverse single speed

Items required
*ESC & Motor
*Original gearbox housing
*Steering servo
*Radio & Receiver
*Nitro Savage to be converted

The kit seems to include everything and has been well thought out, complete with instructions the conversion should take around 2~3 hours to complete and will require only a few of the old nitro parts, it also uses the original body.

Certainly will make it easier than when I did my first brushless conversion on my old Savage X.

See less See more
#2 ·
A couple more pickies of the contents of the box

The kit will retail around $300.

#3 ·
Finally hpi has done something to fix the hpi savage ..........they made an electric conversion hhehehe

Good to see hpi making things a little easier for the electric conversion and also good value for money.

great write up towie well done.:thumb:

#7 ·
haha I'm just about to convert the good old X into a XL, I do have another savage but that is going to be sold to make somebody else happy :D
plus I am waiting for parts for a new 'toy' that will soon be ripping it up on saturdays

#10 ·
Scott, not to worry, I am sure we could find you another Savage : )

#9 ·
Any more progress on your truck Alexander?

Pickies?

#11 ·
Hey,

Ufff, spent all weekend doing the conversion. Installed all the bits, and Flux Tork 2200Kv, still waiting on ESC and some cables.
I have to say, the kit is spot on, every bolt, washer and little plastic bit was there, nothing was missing. Now I am left with the whole hip of Savage X Nitro parts, which I need to flog...

I will post all pictures once the electronics are in place!

#14 ·
On one I have used the Hpi(castle/MMM) set up with the 2200kv motor, on another I have used the 150Amp ezirun with the Hpi 2200KV motor, both set ups have performed flawlessly.

#16 ·
I like Deans connectors, no chance of mistakes.

To set your wiring up for 2 batteries in series, to run in a Savage you will need to run a "Y" lead set up.

Negative from the ESC to negative on Deans1, positive on Deans 1 loops to Negative on Deans 2, and then Positive on Deans2 to positive on the ESC. the Loop wire from Deans 1 to Deans 2 will need to be approx 120mm long to avoid strectching the wiring into position when connecting the batteries.

There is a pickie of an ESC with wiring set up, pickie no3 in first post.

#18 ·
Hi,
Completed the conversion, worked like a dream with the only hick up being 150A ESC from Hobby King, this thing fried itself 10 minutes into the running. As soon as i dropped HPI Blur everything started to get much better. Oh well you always get what you pay for. If anyone has any questions regarding this conversion, please feel free to ask. Car runs awesome, even on 2 4S batteries. Please be warned that some LiPo packs will not fit into Savage's bins provided.

#20 · (Edited)
I like your style, double sided tape, gaffer tape, cable ties you should have it running in no time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.