Australian RC Forums banner

Possible new place to bash in Syd?

5K views 35 replies 9 participants last post by  sti40z 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has been here before to have a drive around :confused:

it is called haslams reach if you type it into google maps and is in olympic park
apparently there is a bmx and mountain bike track there, free entry for everyone and parking is free too :D
judging from this video there's some pretty good jumps there
http://vimeo.com/11310167

I also heard there is a deserted bmx track at canterbury any good?

See less See more
#2 ·
yeh you might have a problem with the bikers, not sure how popular it is but i imagine it would be looks like quite a good track.

#3 ·
yeah shouldn't be a problem during the week though and it's closed on race days anyway
shall check it out next week and get some photos/vids :D

#4 ·
mmmm. maybe during the week if you can go in work/school hours. not sure if they have any notices re other uses allowed but as you say worth shooting passed

#5 ·
i only live 5-10 minutes away depending on the traffic..

that huge carpark on the right is where i tested the two speed baja, only prob it has two different surfaces on it, a few of the kids there told me of the bmx track, but it was during school holiday's and there were quite a few kids on there bmx around.. but now that you reminded me i think i might go there tomorrow and give the new tyres a go..

for get the bmx track at canterbury its crap

#10 ·
yay we can use the car parks and the bmx track when empty, both seem like they have plenty of room even for 1/5th scale
hopefully there is a big hill to stand on where we can get a good view of everything

#12 ·
cool thanks rod! get some nice piccys :thumb:

#14 ·
the difference between the baja skunkworks, and the brcp..is a bit

the brcp run's two one way bearing's in it, has different gear set you can buy,

the shunkwork's has one oneway bearing in it also they had quite a few problems with the bearing..

the brcp has been quite good and very easy to adjust..

#16 · (Edited)
hi sean

no i did not end up going, should be able to go this week and have a try.. got a little fine tuning with the tyres before race day on sunday at luddenham.

also got the bro's two speed baja that i will be running down the car park

if you boy's are free this weekend you should come out to luddenham (ssme)model park and watch some of these baja's race and meet the boy's..:thumb:

update;

well i went there today with the baja on the bmx track...
the track is very big with lots of jumps etc.. not very open track for a baja but a bitro would be a lot better.. you can see most of the track with a few black spot's...... not a soul to be seen was empty, beside me and the ranger and he didn't mind me using the track or the car park..

#18 ·
no probs sean

that pic of the track must be a old one as there is more tracks there..
you can stand on the starting gates.. that is the little white patch at the start of the track.. where the dirt meets the bitumen its high and over looks the whole course, but as i said there are a few blackspots.....
also the track is a mix between bitumen, clay, loose fine gravel, grass..

hope this helps..

i will be going again mid week to run the two speed out there and do some testing

#20 ·
no probs george.. there is a lake out there for your boats just don,t know what condition its in or how deep..

gee if your going to come out then you might just have to bring your engine, or take the one off senad's baja without him knowing:D that will wake up the two speed and the area..:thumb:

ambro

#21 ·
will be going there tomorrow, bringing camera so I'll get some pics and maybe a vid up :D

#23 ·
ahaha didn't end up going! will try this weekend or next wednesday :eek:

#25 ·
yea my savage is KIA at the moment waiting for a new beast of a steering servo to arrive :D, had much headaches with the steering lately :bang:

#26 ·
well me and seanyboyrulz went out there today
the tracks are perfect for savages as well as truggies/buggies and there are multiple massive carparks for the baja and onroad guys
parking is $4 an hour but we just parked on the side near the boom gates ^^
a ranger came to visit but wasn't bothered that we were running there

here is the view from the highest hill

and some good sized jumps (note the savage in the bottom left :thumb:)

and here is another track on the other side of that first big hill (smaller jumps but track is pretty long and goes all the way down)

#28 ·
That's good that the ranger is relaxed
That makes
things easier were there any bmx there today

#29 ·
a few people people came past to watch but it was dead as night bmx wise
there was some other guy tuning his buggy in the car park which were all empty weee

#30 ·
i thought you nitro / electric boy's would like that place... how good is the carpark huge ah ...good to see you enjoyed yourself's out there and the ranger he is ok... was it the indian looking ranger?? he was there when i was and waved said hello and he did not bother me at all... that was with the baja and the dom on it...next time you boy's go out shoot me a pm and i try to come out there with the baja...that bmx track is just no good for the baja ... but i noticed at the far end of the carpark there is some vacant land for a bash...

#33 ·
yep it was very slippery and raining but at least the cars come back home without a hint of mud ^^

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.