Australian RC Forums banner

Venom creeper build

16K views 82 replies 15 participants last post by  Stewbaru 
#1 ·
Gday guys

I took the plunge and my wife got me a venom creeper its what i wanted so i see a lot of people ask about them so i was going to do a build tread so people can see what its like and stuff this is my first crawler so i will be learning to.

Should start in the next few days and will have pics of everything so people can see how it goes :D

Cheers brad

#53 ·
lol mate i was just told on there to bind it up pretty much witch i think is what i will do... Whats your way

Cheers brad

#56 ·
Mke sure you heat shrink the vcd pins in they will come out.... i had to heat shrink mine in especially around the axles Wroks much better what color kit are you getting... And what eletrics are you going to be using....

Cheers brad

#57 ·
Mke sure you heat shrink the vcd pins in they will come out.... i had to heat shrink mine in especially around the axles Wroks much better what color kit are you getting... And what eletrics are you going to be using....

Cheers brad
i wanna get the green one, but whatevers the cheapest on ebay. i'll be getting the ezrun crawler combo from hongkong and most likely a eurgle radio and havent decided on the servo yet. i'm thinking of a white rockstar energy drink theme for the body. can't wait:D, im only $60 away from the kit, also what are the vcd pins?

#58 ·
They are the pins that connect the axels and the diff shafts to the unis.... I looked at the ez run combo but i just didnt like the thought of it i have a ezrun combo in my slash but for the crawler i wanted to do it good....

eg. The novak rooster esc is amazing it has a incridble drag brake along with 2 profiles one for lipo and one for nimh...

Other recomendtions is stage 2 suspention upgrade and the behind the axel steering kit i got it all from ckrc ( Our sponsors dont stock these parts as they are CKRC owened)

And get some rover tyres they are cheap....

The suspention kit droops the shocks and gives it a much better center of gravity...
And if your going to buy from there you ight as well get lipos to couple of little packs last forever my 1300mah lasts over a hour....

You can get a kit stage 2 suspention from ck for 140 plus 50 for the BTA convert to aus and postage could be cheap pm if yoy need some more advice

Cheers brad

#60 ·
Mate save your money.... so u can get a good setup also put the motor in the gear box first not after lol and you might want to have a motor with a bit more speed like a 50 or 45 turn

#62 ·
that would be good mine was 70 us so not to bad im running a venom 55 turn motor what servo you going for?

#82 ·
That video got a bit auto-erotic at the end here, if you get my drift.

#65 ·
Hey guys just a update been ruinning this now for about 3 hours to 4 and i have not broken a thing and have been given it a pretty hard time so i am very happy as i have heard people broke them easy lol not sure why i spose i have taken precautions while in the build and upgrades.....

Soon i will have a my scx 10 honco and i will make a trailer for the honco to pull the creeper should be good

Cheers brad

#66 ·
Hey guys just a update been ruinning this now for about 3 hours to 4 and i have not broken a thing and have been given it a pretty hard time so i am very happy as i have heard people broke them easy lol not sure why i spose i have taken precautions while in the build and upgrades.....

Soon i will have a my scx 10 honco and i will make a trailer for the honco to pull the creeper should be good

Cheers brad
Looks Good Brad. Have you painted the body yet?

#67 ·
Hey mate havent had a chance to paint the body yet but i will get a round to it after the new toy Hush Hush lol

#75 ·
Thanks mate...

Need to get some footage of this thing took it out on saturday and no dramas i am so happy with the crawler takes on anything only thing it cant do is go vertical lol

Cheers brad

#77 ·
I have now :) but at first the front wasnt i just have locked up the standard locker so until that goes they are locked for good

Cheers brad

#78 ·
Can someone suggest some strong better Drive shafts i could use for it the drive shafts are o but thing i want to go to metal

Cheers brad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.