Australian RC Forums banner

BeatsMe's MCD RRV4c

14K views 35 replies 13 participants last post by  BeatsMe 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Well now that this new forum section is up i thought i might as well get some pictures of my RRV4 Competition up to show off.

I have had it now for a few months and have had a few runs with it at SOLS Luddenham, which i will be becoming a member of the club for the new Winter Series that starts real soon.

This car is a beast and it handles incredibly well, i would recommend you all get one there awesome.

Anyway, here are some of the pictures of the car from when it was still new... in fact it was my first run at the Luddenham track with it.

Enjoy, and please comment.

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah, I have been holding out with buying a pipe as yet, the one i'm currently running is the HPI high flow can and it seems to be preforming pretty well with the 29cc Zen that i'm running.

What i'm thinking of getting is the Samba 4410 which will set me back ground $500, this pipe is designed for the V4 series of cars...
http://chacal-rc.com/2315-mcd-echappement-samba-4410-pour-rr-v4-ultimate.html
I have read that the older Evo3 pipes have had problems regarding the melting of the new design fuel tank.

#7 ·
Just posting up a few pictures that show the mod's that i have done on my RRV4....

First one... Had a problem with the little screws that hold the roll bars together, one snapped sometime back and i had a big problem getting the broken bit out of the plastic. So once out i changed all the screws to M3x16 Socket Heads...

Second... Installed HPI axle boots on the front CVD axles. I have found that the CVD's seem to get filled with a lot of dirt and that over time would have to cause them to wear out more quickly. The boots seem to be holding the grease in and have not popped off as their quite a tight fit...

#10 ·
Thanks Waynee... spent about $80 on it just to trash it and cut it up :bang:

Steph... the HPI ones don't bind at all... just be careful because if one side is binding more than the other then it will cause the diff (plantary gears) to start slipping.

#13 ·
Been meaning to post up a few pictures of my RRV4 with the new Samba 4410 pipe installed. I think i may have gone a bit overboard with the heat shielding, but what the the heck... it's not too heavy.

Will be pulling the car apart to find out what happened to the rear diff in the coming weeks, hopefully it wont be too expensive.

#16 ·
Ambro,
I'm worried that you may be right... or was it just the diff problem, hope i don't have to do an engine re-build too.

Big G,
Yep they sure do go damn fast... have you seen Stephens video ??

Franco.

#17 ·
Well i had a very expensive weekend at the track that's for sure...

Pulled the rear diff apart on the my RRV4 this afternoon, and wow it sure is stuffed.

Looks like two of the planetary pins have snapped in multiple places, have a look at the following picture...

Note that you see that the planetary gear that i removed and placed at the top of the picture still has the pin stuck in it and the other two bits of that pin are in the case and the crown wheel. As for the other one it is also snapped in two places but you can also see that it was being sheared apart by the gear.

No idea how this would have happened, i'm now thinking of just getting the new July 2010 version complete diff assembly.

#18 ·
Haven't updated this thread in a while, so here we go...

My RRV4 is currently suffering from an alloy addiction, and so it will be getting a number of upgrades... the first one being a 7075 Alloy Lower Diff Housing, here's a picture of it during the install...

I am installing this one on the front diff and i intend on getting another for the rear soon.

#19 ·
Finally got around to installing a rear lsd on my RRV4 last week, so now i'm running front and rear lsd, and also installed another alloy lower diff housing at the rear. I'm going to leave the centre diff as locked. Drove the car with this setup last weekend at the SSME largescale track and i can tell you that the car handled fantastically.

#21 · (Edited)
#23 ·
No mate... got too many spare engines at the moment to justify spending money on a new one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.