Australian RC Forums banner

Monster Trucks Class - Australian Truggy Nationals

17K views 104 replies 21 participants last post by  Nogas 
#1 ·
Just want to make sure all the Monster Truck guys know that LRRCC have added Monster Trucks to the Classes to be run at the 2010 Truggy Nationals.

Hopefully we can get a heap of Monster Trucks on track and look at reviving the class, if your interested in running your Monster Truck at the event August 5th - August 8th head over to the LRRCC Forum

#8 ·
So what is the go with electric VS nitro?
Will electrics be able to race?
If yes How long will heats and finals be?
If anyboby has a link to info on these questions it would be appreciated
Not sure on Elec vs Nitro, but if Elec were allowed to run it would open up the numbers more.

Heats will be 10min and final should be 45min for National event.

I'm there, with bells on, I wonder if the CURRENT AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL MONSTER TRUCK CHAMPION and the CURRENT AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL TRUMPET BLOWING CHAMPION will be there?:D

#3 ·
Gumbyj said it was nitro only, but if E's are in, i think i'd be keen to give it a lash.

Be good to get a few QLDers in the MT class.:thumb:

#4 ·
Gumbyj said it was nitro only, but if E's are in, i think i'd be keen to give it a lash.

Be good to get a few QLDers in the MT class.:thumb:
I agree LiPo, Ide be keen to go down for a run if the Emonsters are able to race.

From PHDR QLD Mr Flibble, GumbyJ, LiPoactive and snap off racing are all interested by the looks of things, but if no Electrics than I think it will limit the amount of interest overall IMO

#12 ·
Why don't you take your 18tz Revo?

#14 · (Edited)
wish I had of known this a month or two back, as I no longer have a MT :bang:

I may have to dig around my shed and see what i can find i think i may have enough in there to revive one of my old revos:eek: or i may just have to keep my eyes peeled for a savage XL roller off flebay or something...

Hey if i throw LST shocks on my mbx6t lock the center diff and add an F650 body does that make it a Monster? HaHa.

#18 ·

Trumpet blower entered come along and have a shot at the title....

18 minutes in the tank so two stops for a 45 minute final as per the australian title rules, 230cc fuel on board ( tank, lines & filters )

Would be good to see some of the trucks out there come along and have some fun, make some friends and put up a fight on the track to match there key board comments.

#19 ·
I guys the below has been decided for the class at the Truggy Nationals:

Monster Trucks - Decision from AARCMCC & LRRCC

This is class invited to run by LRRCC.

This is not a Sanctioned event but will follow the previous AARCMCC rules.

Monster Trucks will be an Open Class allowing Electric and Nitro

There will be a 30 minute final, if you need to change batteries if you can't make that timeframe

No Converted Truggies, they must be true Monster Trucks

Hard Case Lipo must be used (no soft packs) NiCD / NiMH OK

Minimum 10 Confirmed Monster Truck Entries to run

#21 ·

I think having the elec guys in there will help the class with numbers at these kind of events, Now my only problem is i own a nitro & Brushless carbon fiber truck so which one do i bring along to the event or do i bring both and run both during the heats and then select which one i want to run in the final .... they boh look the same just the noise factor is give away .... lol .... the more trucks the better for the class.

#27 ·
Hey guys, we've decided to remove the cap on Monster Truck entries, so Nitro or Electric, get in nominate & pay.

Also guys, if you want other major events to include monster trucks, you need to get in & race. So show your support for this class & race at the nationals. You don't need to be a top driver.... we recommend some racing experience, but that's all. Just come along & have some serious fun. 4 days of racing at a major event, great fun, great atmosphere, great people, great time.

#28 ·
You don't need to be a top driver.... .
Thank god for that!:rolleyes:

Come on guys.....There must be 1000's of MT's sitting on garage shelves gathering dust, dust them off and come to the nats for some high speed shopping trolley action.:thumb:

and all you erevo and savage flux drivers, dont let me be the only poor bugger doing 1 min+ battery changes in the final:eek:

#29 ·
I urge anyone that is even remotely interested in racing monsters to come along. We can pit in the same area so we can talk dribble, laugh and generally taunt anyone who isn't racing monsters ;)

I know we have at least four guys from Pine Hills Dirt Racing making the trip down and our only goal is to enjoy ourselves and have some not so serious monster fun!

#31 · (Edited)
Snap, i've got 2 spare seats in the dual cab and i'm sure Mr flibble will let you spoon with him for reasonable rates.:eek:

Just sell that Loosi truggy and you'll have enough coin for a few beers and maybe the entry fee.:D

#32 ·
Snap, i've got 2 spare seats in the dual cab and i'm sure Mr flibble will let you spoon with him for reasonable rates.:eek:

Just sell that Loosi truggy and you'll have enough coin for a few beers and maybe the entry fee.:D
As if !, at the best, he'll have enough for a glass of milk and some Jatz crackers :D

#33 ·
OK, update from LRRCC president this morning, they are reducing minimum entries in the MT class to 8 to get this class happening. We have 7 so far and only need 1 more. This is to race in a national event, you will be able to go home with a trophy and tell your friends that your in the top 8 in the country:D (well top 7 cause i'll probably be last with my 1 min + battery changes:rolleyes:)

They have also extended the dead line for payment (for MT's only) until monday the 2.8.10, but the earlier the better i would assume.

Please dont let us drive all the way down there just to race ebuggys:rolleyes:

#35 ·

Well with 7 entered but only one confirmed paid up entry this is going to be a busy week for entries and payments for this event to take place, one week and counting guys, get those entries in and all paid up for the chance to run your truck on the one of the best tracks in australia...

I hope they get the numbers for this event to happen.....

#37 ·
Well with 7 entered but only one confirmed paid up entry this is going to be a busy week for entries and payments for this event to take place, one week and counting guys, get those entries in and all paid up for the chance to run your truck on the one of the best tracks in australia...

I hope they get the numbers for this event to happen.....
You not running MT Sam?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.