Australian RC Forums banner

Stephoons MCD RRV4

44K views 174 replies 34 participants last post by  stephoon 
#1 ·
Hi guys, just wanting to show you my new toy. Heres some more pics and it wont be the FROGS watch either.

This will have 3 5755MG servos, race ported 29cc and a pipe that the Frog recommends.

Looks very impressive and the wheels on this looks huge, almost thesame diameter as the excavators. Will update as stuff goes on it.

Over!

See less See more
#66 ·
Sell a liver mate! You need to get one of these mate!

Thanks for the maccas on thursday night and for bringing your pipes mate too.

Now, i gotta stop my self from using it till sunday or i wont have no tyres left.

#67 ·
New heart came this week and will have a spare one with me on the track. In form of a 4 bolt GP270 and a 4 bolt 29 head kit will replace my GP240.

Arms and other stuff will be ordered next week so atleast i have spares. Hope that weekend dont happen again.

#68 ·
New heart came this week and will have a spare one with me on the track. In form of a 4 bolt GP270 and a 4 bolt 29 head kit will replace my GP240.

Arms and other stuff will be ordered next week so atleast i have spares. Hope that weekend dont happen again.

Absolutely not... too expensive. Good luck with getting the new one together.

#69 ·
I swear this car hates me.

Tested and ran the car in the back yard yesterday and everything was sweet. Turned the car off and electrics and went inside to get something then turned everything on. Waited for the radio to bind and started the car up and white smoke and that unmistakable smell of burning electronics has surfaced. I know what that smells like then hurried to switch the car off.
Low and behold the new throttle servo decided it wanted to bbq itself:bang::bang:
Receiver is fine and so as the other steering servos. What else can go wrong??

#76 ·
Nahh, Homer got nothing to do with this, its all the car. It hates me.

Its either im going back to an analogue servo or futaba. I know futaba aint cheap but pretty reliable. Come to think of it, this thing stops with nearly no pressure on the brakes and Chris and Franco will back me up on this. Dont really need a high speed digital super strong servo for the throttle.

#77 ·
Mate that is an absolute bugger, you are just having a huge run of bad luck.

In all honesty i have a total lack of brakes, my V4 really does not brake to good at all. Just lucky that we don't need the brakes too much on the track.

#88 ·
Thanks mate, see if i can pass there to come pick it up and give you some money.

Did you see what you can get when you pre order the black opps?????Rc car bomb!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:eek:

You only get that with the prestige edition and it's twice the price of the hardened edition.

#95 ·
Well, very happy to reply that it was the other way around this time mate. Won the first heat, second and final. Only bummer was, i lost another servo for the steering and luckily i had 2 so i disconnected the stuffed one and won the race.

Thanks to my competitors for a nice clean race and thanks heaps to Evilair for mounting the camera on my car. The footages that i saw from your incar monitor was sick! The race one would even be better, be interesting to see if i had a clean race on the finals. Crap! i hope you camera is ok too.

Thanks to Mark for helping me run this motor in. It does crack!

#98 · (Edited)
Thanks Chris, i needed that after the weekend before. Restored my confidence again on the MCD.

The Frog actually found the engine from powerslide:heh:

Motor was super smooth but had the power when you needed it. It didnt have the bottom end that the cracked 29 had though but there wasnt much between them. And that was a race ported one from DDM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.