Australian RC Forums banner

Stephoons MCD RRV4

44K views 174 replies 34 participants last post by  stephoon 
#1 ·
Hi guys, just wanting to show you my new toy. Heres some more pics and it wont be the FROGS watch either.

This will have 3 5755MG servos, race ported 29cc and a pipe that the Frog recommends.

Looks very impressive and the wheels on this looks huge, almost thesame diameter as the excavators. Will update as stuff goes on it.

Over!

See less See more
#33 ·
I noticed that when you hit full throttle and the end point adjustment was not right, it puts a lot of pressure on the throttle flipping thing and can cause to wear that lever. So i bent the centre section of the linkage to 90 degree instead of only having a small angle so i can have a rubber fuel line to cushion the servos action.

Second was bending the lever for the brakes so its level with the action of the servo. Just being anal about it, i like things neat.

And installed some mesh on the side windows and i have cut out the back section as well and installed some there too. And i cleaned the baja part after part, i got sick of looking at it dirty.

#35 ·
I noticed that when you hit full throttle and the end point adjustment was not right, it puts a lot of pressure on the throttle flipping thing and can cause to wear that lever. So i bent the centre section of the linkage to 90 degree instead of only having a small angle so i can have a rubber fuel line to cushion the servos action.

Second was bending the lever for the brakes so its level with the action of the servo. Just being anal about it, i like things neat.

And installed some mesh on the side windows and i have cut out the back section as well and installed some there too. And i cleaned the baja part after part, i got sick of looking at it dirty.
On my RRV4 i have both the throttle and the brake linkages connected to the middle hole on the servo arm, and i found that the throttle pushes all the way on the carby leaver but does not go over... infact you can push it a tiny bit more by hand. But if that works for you then sweet.

Don't worry about being anal, most people are too... but they just don't admit it.

#40 ·
looking awesome mate, cant wait to see it in action.

#41 ·
ME too sperera.

Just bought the race ported 29cc and getting the swap soon.

Been handed this other 29cc:spy:to be tested so im absolutely wrapped. Apparently it will shred tyres so i cant wait!

Also bought a new 5000mah battery for it a Y harness and a pico.

All i need now is a couple more 5755 servos, another receiver and a pipe:spy: and its all ready to go!!!!!!!!!CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!:D

#48 ·
Driven this thing and I must say that I like it! It's like driving my drift car but on dirt. Power of this :spy:29 is pretty impressive. Comes out of a controlled drift all 4 wheels spinning then point and shoot. The length of half a basketball court was not enough for this motor either, seems to rev as hard as my zen 4bolt 23 so it has bit of top end speed.

Car seems to understeer if you put the power on a bit early out of the corner, hopfully changing the rear diff oil might help that.

That's all I can notice driving the MCD and will do a full day testing and feedback as soon as I'm allowed outside again.

#49 ·
Well Steph and I took this bad boy for a bash:eek: today and I was fairly impressed..

Power from the motor :spy: is spot on and with the right pipe, will be an absolute weapon..
The car itself is well balanced and no matter how much I tried to upset it, it always landed on its wheels..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU7inLglCrs

#53 ·
Thanks Dean, will be driving it like my drift car because it kinda handles thesame way. Be interesting to see it on the track when i finish with it.

Billybob, the ultimate pipe will be coming next week and hope that my motor will be finished then too. But apparently, my motor neededsome work done to it and I wasn't going to argue :D

I hope it will go hard like this :spy:29 that's on it now.

#54 ·
Guys i had the privilege of driving this beast tonight, All i can say is, What a weapon!. Once steph gets his pipe and engine sorted, The current Luddenham record will be smashed. I have to get 1, Just don't know how yet!:D

#56 ·
Here's some of the mods that i've done. Most of it's self explanatory and i thought there was a need for it to be modified and i had time.
Venturi effect i think its called, to keep the motor cool.

Quick release plugs for the pico to the motor and y harness for the transponder.

Changed the fuel line so it has sufficient juice going in the carby.

Then pico kill swith light through the top of the battery box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.