Australian RC Forums banner

Engine Tuning Flowchart - Tuning Made Easy!

12K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  SupercellKid 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey fellas - something that should maybe be a sticky?

Anyways - i printed this a looooooooooong time ago, when i needed help tuning my LST, pre-conversion (i think it may have originally come from here somewhere but i forget???) I have re-done it in paint and uploaded it - feel free to print and take in your tool box, or link it anywhere on the www - no source needed, i couldn't care less who knows who it came from - it's just such a great tool for new guys =)

I was pretty much brand new to nitro, and it helped me so much, that i didn't really need to much help tuning it after getting the hang of this, and after maybe 2 weeks, i had it down and didnt even need the sheet anymore...

Hope you guys find it useful in some way - i'm sure alot of new guys will =)

See less See more
#3 ·
-lmfao- probably is!!! Cheers man =)

I was reading through another thread and it made me think back to this hahaha It was a hell of a long time ago tho, and i only kept it nitro for about 3 months, then went all out electric and never looked back hehehe

Just figured it might be worth posting anyway, as i didn't notice anything like it around the joint =)

#5 ·
on the start it says start engine and let it idle for 1 min,this is wrong,before you make any changes to the top or bottom end make sure the engine is at normal operating temp at around 100c.

#6 ·
Thanks for that man - sorry it took a little while, but i eventually got round to changing and updating it hehehe - can ya let me know if the changes i made are ok please mate? =)

Please let me know if anyone else finds any other little things that shouldn't be! =)

#7 · (Edited)
Im a noob, and I am trying to tune an inferno NEO Standard Spec (31295t) have ran 9 tanks through it with out going passed medium throttle (first tank was idle) today replaced glo plug and attempted full throttle. I think I have LSN righ because it launches quite well but still has plenty smoke. However at high speed it bogs down, sounds like its going to die, but doesn't, idle drops significantly though before returning to normal a few seconds later.
\
My question is: how to tell if its bogging at high speed from too rich or too lean?

I saw a video that showed when too lean you can still hear firing, but its almost like a rev limited on a sports car. its going na na na na na na na na at full throttle. well mine is not doing that, mine just kind of is going Bwaaaaaaaarp (with a downward sound) I suspect too rich, but If I am wrong I would hate to lean it further.

So looking at the first questions on the above chart relating to HSN, I can only move on if I know for sure if I am too lean or too rich already :/

Any and all help appreciated. I posted a detailed version of my above questions here:

http://www.ausrc.com/forum/showthre...area-needs-help-Tuning-inferno-Neo-first-time
Also here is a video of when I tried to tune the HSN Today: http://youtu.be/7nnHiaV3ly0

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.