Australian RC Forums banner

LCC and LNC

2K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  scottb 
#1 ·
I guess this is mainly at Scottb.

How have you found your Comp Crawler? What you running ESC/Motor wise on it? Had any dramas with the worm gears?
Did you break in the axles at all before running it?

Also looking at the Losi Night Crawler, but they have different gearing so the loads on the motor/esc are different (ie brushed setups work :) )

#2 ·
How ya going mate ?

Well i can't fault it really.....it's basically straight out of the box. I started fiddling around with the ride height eg higher centre of graverty...but its better the way it handles from factory. I'm running a Venom 18.5 turn brushless witha 120a speedy (fan cooled)...but have disconected it as it dos'nt get hot & saves batt time. Also as there is no or litle room in the chassis, i'm running two saddle pac lipo's @ 4200mah. This give me 1hr drive time...easy. The worm gears were tight as there was a update saying there are 4 shims to a diff...& should be 2 shims. With the 4 shims the diffs were getting very hot & using more batt life that's why i did the research to find out why. After removing the 2 extra shims....the diffs stay cool, after a 45min run there mildly warm. Axles- well i bought after they had found the prob, but they still gave me extra axles incase. I have not broken any axles. Its built like a tank...i have rolled/droped from great heights & nothing, a mate of mine could'nt belive the pounding it gets...with very minimal damage. OH....the lower links where they come into the centre occasionaly pop of the eye, have found solution.....fitted o-rings between them & hav'nt had a problem since.

I hope this helps you out mate

Cheers
Scott

#3 ·
Excellent news :)

I read about the CVDs, the shims and the links, just thought I would ask around to see if there was anything else to worry about.

Getting a good deal on one with the Losi Xcelorin 17.5T crawler combo.
Seems to be $510US plus postage for the combo and crawler overseas, so $650 seems likely to the door.
Locally best I can find the crawler for is $450 and the combo for $300 plus.
I hope to be grabbing one all up along with a BEC and LiPo for $400.

With that kind of deal, I wanted to get some feedback and do some research ;)

#5 ·
Should be getting it today.

Hasn't been run, everything still in the original box. Xcelorin 17.5T ESC/Motor combo, battery and BEC. $400.

Looking forward too it!

#6 ·
OK this thing is spotless . . . has never been driven, the servo mounts are still in their sealed bags.

Nothing on the lower arms, no scratches, not even dust.
The motor has never been mounted, neither has the esc.
The esc double sided tape thing is still sealed in it's bag.

It is basically brand spanking new. Very happy

#8 ·
Losi Comp Crawler, technically second hand, but like it said, it doesn't even have finger prints on the shell. Says he took it out of the packaging to make sure it was all there then put it back in.

So LCC, Losi Crawler ESC, Losi Crawler 17.5T motor, 6A BEC. $400

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.