Australian RC Forums banner

FG Flat Receiver Battery

5K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  sperera 
#1 ·
Whats the best reciever battery I can use for my FG MT?

Ive just gone through my third receiver battery I think. The plates/cable that connect the cells together keep breaking. I dont realise this and keep charging it thinking my charger is playing up which it does, only charges one cell and because it doesnt take many mah I keep charging it until one of the cells let go.

I want a receiver battery that doesnt break the plates/cabling between the cells.

#3 ·
thanks heaps, I like the look of it.

do you know where daniels pit stop is located? I couldnt find it on their site and did a yellowpages search as well and that didnt find it either.

#5 ·
thanks again.

#6 ·
well I feel like an idiot. make people waste their time helping me find a new battery. did some tests last night and looks like the battery is ok. Gave it a discharge and the voltage dropped very slowly, charged it back up again and it read full @7.4 volts. checked all the wiring and all in tact.

Now I need to look at my reciever which I didnt want to do. Maybe try a re-bind or I got a spare so much chuck that in.

#8 ·
ive been thinking of trying that, what in your opinion is better about running a lipo?

#9 ·
The good thing about it is the servos get a full 6v all the time not like the nimh packs that as they get flat they drop down in volts as well. We run them in out nitro racers as well same lipo and reg lasted well over 2 years of racing all over OZ. never let us down once. Set up properly and good quality gear will prob see the life of the FG..... I'll get some pics up soon... you can feel the difference in the stopping power with the Hitec 955tg on the brakes...

#10 ·
cool thanks

#11 ·
I have tried all Li-Po and Li-Fe combos over the years in large scale cars with beefy servos and found the following:

Li-Fe..... massive falure in two cars with two different batteries.
1 car needed $$$ spent on it after a brand new chassis folded in half due to the battery failing without warning.

Li-Po..... while running 14.8 volts / 1000mah the regulators kept over heating on two of the 3 set-ups, if we had of run a 7.4V battery the reg wouldn't have got as hot but the run time would have been low.

Ni-Mh..... my last one went for about 3 years and was used every weekend and slowly took less and less of a charge and lost charge when stored, basically it gave me plenty of warning it was about to fail.

I have a new battery in my car and it's been there for 1 race meet and you guessed it..... Ni-Mh.

Just my 2 cents.

#12 ·
Yep will agree with you on the Life packs they are ****e period... I see so many racer's (nitro) have problems with them and keep returning to them because they are cheap. I tryed some and after both failing i threw them and went back to lipos....

#14 ·
well that is a good point, why change something thats working. the nimh pack in my MT has been very reliable since i changed from platic to wire to join the cells and the pack I bought for my baja from PSR has never missed a beat. its 4600mah and initial charge actually took 5400mah so its massive run times anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.