Australian RC Forums banner

FG MT Wheelie Bars

6K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  sperera 
#1 ·
Pics of a home made wheelie bar. Its very very strong, once landed from 6ft on the wheelie bar after giving it too much throttle in the air, broke a few things but not the wheelie bar!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
very nice, I wanted to use a roller blade wheel as well but couldnt find any lying around. is the LED inside the wheel?

#5 ·
that looks awesome LOL! Nice find.

#7 ·
ive heard no complaints about the FG ones but they are quite pricey, if your capable of building your own id recomend it and put it into the area's the mt needs attention, namley engine mounts, they need to be alloy, its a must.

#8 ·
Yep they are pricey but yep i might make my own as im in the metal industry. While on the subject my MT is Basically a RTR what alloy hop ups are needed on the MT... I have a set of the alloy engine mounts on the way what else would i need that is necessary not just bling.....

#9 ·
thats a good question and peoples opinions change. firstly my mt is almost all plastic (stock) and ive only broken one ball joint end and ive been bashing it since September 2009!

alloy engine mounts are an absolute must. when jumping the rear upper arms or turnbuckles as their sometimes called does flex and this can hit the spur gear. So alloy rear upper arms are good if your going to do some big jumps. I have these but have not yet installed them.

next is the spur gear, because its plastic and not covered it can sometimes take a beating on rocky terrain, so a alloy spur gear and carrier can be helpful, or just carry a spare spur which is what I did for most of the time. I eventually upgraded to an alloy spur gear and spur gear carrier, its alloy noiser than the plastic ones but not louder than engine and pipe so not an issue.

Lastly something I havent done is alloy gear carrier, this will help prevent the layshaft going out of mesh with diff ring gear, if it goes out of mesh you will destroy layshaft gear and ring gear, both quite expensive for what they are in my opinion. I havent done this but latley ive been having allot of trouble with gear mesh as ive been bashing quite hard so it may be the next thing I get.

Wheelie bar is also a must in my opinion you can destroy the body and body posts quite quickly as these things when they grip can lift the front quickly and violently throwing it on its roof in the blink of an eye. I like to think my reflexes are quick but you cant get off the throttle quick enough once the front starts to come up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.