Australian RC Forums banner

DX7 to DX7 trainer set up

6K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  rcflightpro 
#1 ·
Hi there has anyone done the hook up between 2 DX7 radio's to train another pilot, the book says it can be done and how to enter training mode, but says nothing about procedure including the cord, I have the 3 mm mono cord and tried every combination of what info the book does say, but it wont work, I understand the slave radio must off and tried p-link , slave/p-link...Any help would be great...ps These are the STD radio's not the limited edition models

#2 ·
I haven't done it with 2 DX7s but I have with a DX7 as master and DX6i as the slave.

You need to set up a profile on the slave radio, set the training mode to whichever version you want. I normally use P-Link, but the only issue with that is you need to make sure that the servo directions and all trims, rates and travel adjustments are the same on both radios. That was an issue with DX7-DX6i, but shouldn't be for the DX7-DX7.

So for the slaved DX7, you would either use Normal, or Slave/P-Link. I'd suggest Slave/P-Link, just make sure all the settings are the same.

Have you tried a stereo cord? The one I use use is a stereo extension cord with 3mm jacks on either end. Never tried a mono cord.

Then all you do is turn the Master radio on, wait until it links with receiver, then with the slave radio off plug em into each other. Slave radio will get control ONLY when the master radio's "trainer" switch is held up. As soon as you let go, the master takes over again.

When the "trainer" switch isn't being held up, the slave radio will have no control.

Hope that helps :)

#5 ·
Might be a silly suggestion but have you checked Youtube?
I remember coming across several videos on this when looking for USB Dongle setups for flight sims
But don't remember any having twin master and 1 slave setups.
To have twin masters you might need a Twin 3mm Stereo Jack like what **** Smith sells to have two speakers come off one port to split the second master and slave
Please don't quote me because I haven't done it but by master one holding trainer button down, as listed above, the master should take over, or if master two holds down it then should take over.
Ill keep watching this thread it could be of benefit to friends of mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.