Australian RC Forums banner

Tracks under crawler

4K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  @lien_zed 
#1 ·
I have been working on a track system for the under belly of my 2.2 trail truck, this is to try & reduce the amoount of times it gets caught on it's belly. This is what i came up with first. I have burnt out 1 motor & gear box already which drives the tracks.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the coment Scottb.

Here are some pics of the next generation.

The tracks & gear box set are from J*ycar.

I tried it out today & it made a difference allowing me to climb over logs easier.

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
Amazing! :whoo: Good job!

Now you have to name it.

How about "X-Trax" :D

I have been thinking lately too.

Cheers, Brett. :thumb:

Attachments

#11 ·
Hi Brett,

I picked up a similar item about 10years ago, Brand name laser, item is shaped like a CD Rom, it is spring loaded, and with a gentle push in it releases and slides out to reveal CD storage for 5 or 10 CDs, I think I still have it round here somewhere, if I can find it I will post a pickie for you.

#12 ·
Isn't that always the way!
I come up with an idea and it's already been done. :(

Great vid, thanks. :thumb:

#20 ·
I ran it in the first comp today. I was happy with how they went. They came off a few times which can be sorted out. On the ledgy stuff they came into there own & kept the car going forward when other cars were getting stuck. Overall i was happy with how they performed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.