Hello everyone, a true beginner here needing your advice.

Hello everyone, a true beginner here needing your advice.

Hello everyone. I am completely new to r/c flying and I am reaching out for your help.
    I purchased the following plane thinking that it may be easy to learn on and of course being fairly affordable I didn' think twice !
    Problem is that from my research, ww2 replicas are the hardest to fly! so?...what do I do now? can I still learn to fly with this plane or am I headed for disaster down at the local park?
    What are the do's and don'ts in flying this plane? what can I do to learn to fly it? any info and advice will be most appreciated as I really have caught the r/c bug and am loving my new plane, can't wait for it to arrive next week.
    Here are the specs, perhaps some of you may be able to tell me how long it should fly for and what range I may have on the radio signal and even how fast this thing may go...

Length :
    750mm (29.52")
    Wing span :
    890mm (35.04")
    Flying Weight :
    480g
    Wing Area:
    13.6d㎡
    Motor :
    370A with gearbox
    Propeller :
    9 X 7" or 8 X 6"
    Power System :
    GL-370/DS (1:5.3)
    Battery :
    9.6V 650mAh-NiMh
    Radio :
    FM3-Channel proportional radio
    Package Weight :
    ~2200g

Items included:

35.04" Barracuda RTF EPO Foamy Scale Plane

Micro-servo X 2

Electronic Speed Controller

3 Channel radio transmitter

3 Channel receiver

9.6V 650mAh-NiMh

220V or 110V wall charger

User Manual

Thank you all so much for any help and advice and of course, your time
    Cheers
    Mapsyd

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator
    Welcome to the Forum

Not being the best pilot around I guess I may have some insight for you.

I have had many attemps at flying, all of which have ended in Smoke, Fire, Tons of Damage and a garage full of broken aircraft. The only plane I have not tried yet is a Trainer.

You might like to invest in a Trainer first, rather than chance your WW2 replica, flight sims are also a good way to get a little virtual experience also. they are very forgiving, you can smack an expensive plane into a building and just hit reset, and the tiny simulator aircraft engineers put it all back together in a flash

An average trainer will set you back a couple of hundred dollars from what I have seen, many come with a USB handset as well as the normal handset, and spare wings, props and gear like that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Baja...Because Size Matters!

Everybody is adding famous quotes to their sigs, so...My Mother to my Father on Disciplining me as a child....You hit him Noel, My Arm is getting tired.

another great way to fly is to get something like the parkzone vapor. what i did was i bought a sim and learnt to fly that them bought a vapor 3ch BTW and then a sukhoi however maybe a micro p-51 from parkzone might be better. idunno i have ordered a p-51 and i have a sukhoi (sorta) so ill tell you which one is easier. i learnt differently to alot of other people so i may be the odd one out
    My Youtube Channel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

thank you

Hello there and thank you for your reply. Yes, I can only imagine the carnagage involved in flying these things...LOL
    I guess for me though I may not have all that much spare cash around to spend on a new plane, as I am taking long trip this year to explore Borneo for 4 weeks, thus I am trying to get some sort of idea as to how to fly this current model as it is definately looking like a mess of foam and servos in the garage from the outset!!! he he he
    I don't believe that the controller has a sim mode attachment so I am stuck with trying to get this one off the ground and not in a million pieces in the local park.
    should I just learn by slowly taxi-ing it along the ground until I have the hang of left and right, power and movement and then after a while attempt a take off and turning? or should I just shoot myself for getting the wrong thing and go hell for leather and just try to fly it?
    So many questions, but am sure all end in the same reply....
    Cheers