Australian RC Forums banner

Thick exhaust seal

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Flanno 
#1 ·
Gday all,
I need a new exhaust seal for my GO28, and the one I pulled off of it seems to be thicker than the norm. I had a couple of spare from my Hyper 21 and while they fit my engine, the exhaust manifold is a bit of a sloppy fit. It used to fit well. What I am asking is does anyone know where to get the thicker seals. The pipe is a Hyper Pro.

Thanks

#5 ·
Yeah, I had read that thread, but wasnt sure if they were thick.
Do you know anywhere to get these online? I might even go into Trackside here in town and get some to try.

Thanks
Dave

#6 ·
Trackside is the only place I have found them in South Australia so far, should be on the wall in the far back corner on the counter side in the front section of the shop. They are mixed amongst a bit of Mugen stuff. First time I went there I didn't realise there where 2 sections to the shop, back section is predominantly model flight stuff though. Try the GQ stuff, I won't use anything else if I can avoid it.

#7 ·
Yep, exactly were you said they were, thanls for that.
Seems they may be a little thin still though will see how they go.
The pipe is a Hyper 8.5 Pro pipe, and it seems you can buy a whole new manifold with the correct seals, but I cant find the seals by themselves.

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.