LX F-117 Nighthawk Stealth Fighter with bombs video!
    R/C Guru

LX F-117 Nighthawk Stealth Fighter with bombs video!

So, we just finished making our first flight video of one of our planes, the LX F-117 .

Great plane, and even comes with working bomb bays and bombs, but the stock foam bombs are really hard to get on video, so today, I dropped out some paratroopers! Just some army men with home made parachutes

Please excuse the jerky flying, it was INSANELY windy today. I really shouldn't have been flying, but I wanted to get the video done. The wind was that strong, one paratrooper guy didn't come down on the field; we had to go to the property next door and ask to be let in and retrieve him from a tree on the other side of the fence.

Link to the vid on youtube is below, let me know what you guys think. Should have it up on the site soon.

It's a HD vid so make sure you click the little HD button on youtube. Just hit play below, then click on the video and it'll open in youtube and you can press HD to watch it in high def
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SexNgqq5n6w
    Last edited by cdis; 12-12-2009 at 02:04 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Hey Sid. That looked very nice. I think that flour bombs might even have a better visual effect. Just a little bag with flour in it and when it hits the ground it lets out a nice smoke cloud effect. Just a thought.

Anyway one of my mates draged me along to his flying club and now the flying bug has bitten. I want to get a plane so bad. Talking to some of the guys there on the day almost all of them recommended this thing called the Boomarang. Its ugly as all sin but its supose to fly very easily and robust enough for a beginer. Apart from its hideous looks its also designed to run a nitro motor. Not my cup of tea these days to be honest but I do have to start somwhere.
    What I would like to ask you is there another starting out option (possibly brushless) that I could start on? I had a look on ChargedRC but all the kits you have there look way too nice for me to destroy. I will get the Boomarang if I have to but wouldn't mind something a little nicer on the eye and since the brushless bug has bitten me a little while ago thats all I can think about.

Any input or advice would be appreciated. Cheers.
    BASH-BREAK-FIX-REPEAT. ALWAYS REPEAT.

R/C God
    The Multiplex Easystar and the hobbyzone Supercub I think are the 2 main beginning electric planes.

Saying that though, I do not have any planes and have not flown anything.
    Just mentioning what I have read.

Of those 2 though, it seems the Easystar is a tad bit better.
    Losi Desert Truck x2 | Mugen MBX5T-E | 3Racing Sakura Zero S | Losi XXX CR | Durango DEX210
    For Sale: Losi Desert Truck |Futaba T2PHKA | Sanwa MX3X |Losi XXX CR

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

R/C Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-block View Post
    Hey Sid. That looked very nice. I think that flour bombs might even have a better visual effect. Just a little bag with flour in it and when it hits the ground it lets out a nice smoke cloud effect. Just a thought.

Anyway one of my mates draged me along to his flying club and now the flying bug has bitten. I want to get a plane so bad. Talking to some of the guys there on the day almost all of them recommended this thing called the Boomarang. Its ugly as all sin but its supose to fly very easily and robust enough for a beginer. Apart from its hideous looks its also designed to run a nitro motor. Not my cup of tea these days to be honest but I do have to start somwhere.
    What I would like to ask you is there another starting out option (possibly brushless) that I could start on? I had a look on ChargedRC but all the kits you have there look way too nice for me to destroy. I will get the Boomarang if I have to but wouldn't mind something a little nicer on the eye and since the brushless bug has bitten me a little while ago thats all I can think about.

Thanks mate I thought about flour bombs, but I wasn't sure about having the bombs roll around in the bays (change weight distribution etc) as well as the flour would have been heavier than the paratroops lol. It was considered, along with those little metal cap bombs you get where you put the caps in the top and drop em point first. The field is used by a cricket club several times a week so I didn't want to leave patches of white powder stuff all over their field.

As for a trainer, we've got a foam Cessna 182 model that I'm testing at the moment. I'm happy with it as a trainer, I'm just making sure it will stand up to the rigors of a new pilot learning to fly as well as doing photos and video. If the weather is nice to me this weekend, I should get it done, but its a pretty light aircraft and it doesn't do well with the strong wind we've been getting lately.
    The boomerang is a great plane. Its a basic nitro trainer and its easy to build etc. Made from balsa so its a bit of a pain to repair if you crash. That's why I like foam Most crashes are pretty easy to fix, just some foam safe CA+accelerator or 3M 777 and you're back flying in a few minutes.
    Last edited by cdis; 12-12-2009 at 12:33 AM.

Here is mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3uxEvndv70

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpGMwNCniBA

About 28 seconds in the bombs drop.

I need to colour them flouro orange
    Last edited by rcpilot; 12-12-2009 at 11:10 AM.
    rcpilot
    Traxxas Slash 4x4 "Mike Jenkins" 3S lipo RPM
    Traxxas Platinum body inside coated with Linex spray liner.
    Losi Micro High Roller / Lots of planes and helis

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-block View Post

Just do a b/less conversion on the boomerang. Get the right motor/esc/battery combo so as you can use it all in another plane later on when you outgrow the Boomer.
    Cheers - Jeff.
    Baja 5BSS, buggys/truggys nitro rules! A couple of b/less drifters and nitro/bless helis and planes.
    Spektrum/JR and Futaba radios + empty wallet lol...

R/C Guru

Sweet vids rcpilot Yea fluro orange is the ticket. I tried fluro pink but they still don't show up well on camera. All the kids at the field loved the paratroopers though. I'm going to see if I can fit a little army jeep or something into the bomb bay for the B2 when I do that vid

My first electric trainer which I purchased a couple of years ago was a dedicated electric one, so I didn't have to mod anything. Main reason I didn't want to mod something like a boomer was that I couldn't find a suitable cowl to put on to cover it up. I ended up purchasing a Phoenix Classic EP Trainer, which is basically a boomer, but lighter and built for electric. Link to a review here.
    Excellent plane overall and even survived a tree landing and overnight stay in said tree. Was a bit of an effort to rebuild after I got it out of the tree as the fuse was snapped in half and 1 wingtip was crushed etc, but it still flys fine. Was easy to find a similar power system from HobbyCity for it as well because they had a recommended electric system so I just got the equivalents from HC.

That plane looks like its going to be just what I am looking for. I am so hooked on brushless now. I get withdraw symtoms if I don't solder something every day. LOL
    Anyway do you know of an Aussie shop that has them? Might put one under my tree (and hopefuly not in it. LOL) if the price is right.
    BASH-BREAK-FIX-REPEAT. ALWAYS REPEAT.

hey Cdis where in brisbane are you flying cause i have a plane and i want to find a place to fly
    My Youtube Channel

R/C Guru

I fly out near the transfer station at Samford/Ferny Hills. The field is out the back. Entrance via Tramway st.

are you serious. thats awesome i live past samford on the way to dayboro and it looked like the big shed in the background was the one that you can see coming over the hill towards samford near great western shopping centre

keep up the good work

B-M
    My Youtube Channel

R/C Guru

Haha yea it's a great field. Almost no one uses it because it's near the dump, so you don't have to worry about spectators, and its nice and close to me as well as I'm at The Gap.

I used to fly at Dorrington field near the Marrist Bros school at Ashgrove, but the grass there is very thick and not mowed very often, whereas at the dump, its nice and short all the time. There's also 4 different cricket pitches for use as a runway if required.