Which Pipe for a ss
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which Pipe for a ss

Hi Everyone,

Iam new to this forum and i have learn't a great deal from many of you,it is a credit to all who have worked so hard to make this forum possible.My question to you all is what is the best aftermarket pipe for a ss.

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

R/C God
    You will get many responses to this question all stating different pipes are the best, the first thing i would do is let the members know what you are intending to do with your baja, i.e racing or bashing.

it would probably be an idea to let them know what motor you have, what gearing you have, or if its a fully stock and whether you are looking for low, mid or top end power.

This will help everyone make better suggestions to help you out.

oh and ps, welcome to the forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"God now has my four favorite drivers in his team, Gilles Villeneuve, Senna, Brock and Jason Richards. RIP buddy."
    Jason Bright 16/12/11

R/C God

The problem with this question is everyone likes something differernt.

It's like asking what should I have for lunch.... Your just opening a can of worms. This has been discussed many times before.

It would be great if we could know what you plan on doing, racing/bashing, and what kind of engine you are running as well. Also how much money you want to spend on a pipe also comes into the equation.

Persoanlly for me, and a few others around here we all run the DDM rear Dominator (either the V1 or V2). Others like the GBE pipes (either side bleed or end bleed)

This is just at our track in Luddenham also, so many others use so many different pipes everybody here is going to tell you something different

One pipe you may see pop up the most though would be the DDM rear Dominator, in V1 or V2 flavours. Most people agree this is the best bang for your buck pipe around. Although it is prone to be damaged easily so if you are bashing you may want to go for a more protected pipe like a side mount or a can.

Hope this helps
    M_E
    AARCMCC Australian Champion 2012 - 2WD Outlaw

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Couldn't agree more M_E

Also with the DDM Dominator it is a hit and miss affair as to how well it fits.

I couldn't get it to fit my Baja so I got an X-Can exhaust with 6" stingers.

http://www.rcbuggies.com.au/osc/prod...roducts_id=766 this pipe is excellent and is inclosed in the frame so it won't be prone to damage.
    Its not a joke Bajas make you broke.

yeah mate as for a good all round pipe the Dominator is good, factoring in power/noise and price, although they do have their fitment issues so they are a bit hit and miss, although my V1 is going good after a fair amount of beating; and you need an upgraded bumper for the car to run it as it needs some protection out back there, but with something like the Modified V2 bumper it goes well.

The X-can is always a safe bet too for the money, although i don't think it makes as much power gain as something like the dom.

Or if you can afford the top market pipes the world's your oyster, the GBE pipes are also very good but quite expensive.

cheers
    Hpi Baja 5B: Allanach V2 ported Zen, Rear Dom, Stainless steel rollcage and all the bits SOLD!!!

I'm running a clone Rovan Baja rear Dom, fitted easily with only minor tweaking to fit the rear support onto the rear bumper support, doesn't have the melting issues that the rear dom sometimes has but probably does not have the same performance as the DDM Rear Dom but better than the ss pipe and only cost $40 usd delivered to Hong Kong bit more to aus

Thanks for that gents.My main use for the baja is just for bashing purposes but i really want to get a bit more performance from the stock 26cc,as everyone, money is a slight issue but iam after a pipe that many of you have used and are still using that is the best for bashing.What do you think about the jet pro v3

Cheers

I am running a GBE side bleed pipe and I love it,it sounds awesome and
    really improves the whole range not bottom end or top end ,to me it seems and overall improvement.

Expensive pipes but IMHO a great one as for Dom's ,I have never had one but plenty of the other guys have them and I hardly ever hear anything bad about them aside from the fitting issue with some of the V2's
    Last edited by coollamon; 25-09-2009 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bajass View Post
    Thanks for that gents.My main use for the baja is just for bashing purposes but i really want to get a bit more performance from the stock 26cc,as everyone, money is a slight issue but iam after a pipe that many of you have used and are still using that is the best for bashing.What do you think about the jet pro v3

Cheers
    Mate, This is just my opinion. M-E pretty much hit the nail on the head. The rear Dom is a must try, I think every1 should try 1 as they really wake up the power of these engines. Awesome bottom/mid range and a narly power spread. Ive had a V1/V2 Rear Dom (IMO not alot different)/TGN Track pipe and now a GBE endbleed. For me the Endbleed is brilliant its power band is the broadest ive seen, Power everywhere and lots of it. Its very linear all the way to the top. Some of the boys have driven my car and its borderline overpowered. I run Hypo motor's but the pipe is the biggest power gain!

The Endbleed is hands down the best pipe out of the one'1 ive tried, And the loudest!

Rear Dom for bashing ya can't go wrong, for a stock motor it would be my first choice, Ask Stephoon i give him my V1 Dom and on his 23cc it was night and day power wise!
    Sponsored By: ProRC Indoor/Outdoor RC Charmhaven

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post

Cheers
    Mate, This is just my opinion. M-E pretty much hit the nail on the head. The rear Dom is a must try, I think every1 should try 1 as they really wake up the power of these engines. Awesome bottom/mid range and a narly power spread. Ive had a V1/V2 Rear Dom (IMO not alot different)/TGN Track pipe and now a GBE endbleed. For me the Endbleed is brilliant its power band is the broadest ive seen, Power everywhere and lots of it. Its very linear all the way to the top. Some of the boys have driven my car and its borderline overpowered. I run Hypo motor's but the pipe is the biggest power gain!

The Endbleed is hands down the best pipe out of the one'1 ive tried, And the loudest!

Rear Dom for bashing ya can't go wrong, for a stock motor it would be my first choice, Ask Stephoon i give him my V1 Dom and on his 23cc it was night and day power wise!

Ha Borderline overpowered LOL you are a funny basted aren't you homer LMFAO

R/C God

Cheers Homie

As for the Jetpro V3, personally I have never used one myself, but have seen the running many times before. They are a great pipe also, but are the opposite of the rear Dom because the powerband is waay up in the rev range, compared to the rear Dom's low down powerband.

You really have to rev the engine before you hit powerband - but once it hits it's like a rocket. One a track though the pipe is pretty much useless because you will never come into the pipes tuned rev range - it would be a amazing pipe on the dunes, or drag racing across fields with your mates.

Homer's advice on the GBE is correct, the powerband is much broader so power delivery is very linear (as linear as it can be for a 2-stroke)

I should also add that the engine you are running can also dictate what pipe to buy. What motor are you running?
    AARCMCC Australian Champion 2012 - 2WD Outlaw

Iam currently running the stock 26cc motor.

Rear Dom. I run a V2 on my 5T stock G270, It hammers!

R/C Apprentice
    i installed a rear dom v2 today on my stock 26cc on my SS and could be happier with it. Fitting it to my car was a bit of a bugger but it was well worth the money and effort in my opinion.
    Though if you do go with a rear dom v2 make sure they include the leak fix kit that goes over the join.

Smile

hey Slip,

What sort of issues do you incounter trying to fit the v2 dom? Iam thinking hard about this pipe but don't want to regret the purchase if it is going to be a pain to fit.

Cheers

they are hit and miss with the fitment mate, i'm not sure about the v2's, but my v1 is very close to the diagonal support thing, and also (i'm not sure if its the few times i've hit it, but it comes quite close to the rear left shock, and the bottom mounting tab isn't quite right, not sure which of these are fixed on the v2 but by the sound of it it's still the same.

cheers
    Hpi Baja 5B: Allanach V2 ported Zen, Rear Dom, Stainless steel rollcage and all the bits SOLD!!!

hey Slip,

What sort of issues do you incounter trying to fit the v2 dom? Iam thinking hard about this pipe but don't want to regret the purchase if it is going to be a pain to fit.

Cheers
    Mate bang for buck, It can't be beaten!, The only issue the boys are talking about is it hitting the upright between the 2 towers. Ive had both V1 and V2. The v2 is still on the T, Its just a bit of fiddling around it aint that hard!. If it does hit and start melting then buy some alloy uprights, They are good cheap hopup that adds strength to the tower anyway.

Yup, Homers right there. I have a 23 on mine and when i got this dom installed, its like installing a turbo on your car. After fitting his dom 1 on mine, i throttled it flat not knowing what was going to happen. And as soon as i pressed the trigger, HOLY CRAP! it sprayed me, Homer and my nice ute with rocks and crap and Homer goes "What are you doing mate?" then laughed. I said to him that i wasnt expecting that much power down the bottom.

I race mine with these boys and i think they know how quick my 23 goes with this dom1 pipe. Thanks for that again for pointing me at the right direction Homie.
    Self sponsored RC enthusiast!

My V2 Dominator I just sold has increased the power dramatically on my mates Predator Baja 23cc. He had to take the spring off it to make it fit better and then put on the tube witht he clamp to stop it leaking.
    This thing has got so much more power I think its gonna whip my 26cc with X-Can exhaust and twin 6" stingers.

He can't get enough of it and he also loves the note it puts out.
    Its not a joke Bajas make you broke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast