Australian RC Forums banner

blade MSR

11K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  Dr freedom 
#1 ·
Have u guys seen the new e-flite blade MSR that is comming out soon???
Looks awsome im so getting one wen they come out...
Ive been told they are out in Aus in Sept..
Cant wait

#2 ·
They do look pretty cool. I have the Blade mCX and it is a great little indoor heli - I want to step up a notch and get back into larger heli's though like a few of my mates are doing but this might be another cool toy to have for inside!

#10 ·
I rang HStore about the MSR and Stuart told me that it will be around the last week of this month. He also mentioned that there will be a MSR in indoor flying this weekend.

I took my 4#3 to Indoor flying night when it was still in Sutherland basket ball stadium. I also flew my Gaui200 there but more people were interested in the 4#3 as it was one of the first in OZ at the time - I got it from Taiwan.

I'll try to go to the indoor flying this weekend and have a look at the MSR.

Cheers

#11 ·
Merlin,
I got a Bind 'n Fly but I have experience converting the eflite Tx from mode 2 to mode 1.

Its a little tricky, as you have to de-solder the gimbal to gain access to the pots. You also need to be careful you don't move the keyway on the pot (180 deg) when re-installing.

Lightly hold everything in place as you try the Tx functions, to ensure it all works prior to hard soldering.

Not an easy job but certainly do-able.

:cool:

#14 ·
I been told mine will arrive on the 28th September.

And soon there after i hope to have in hovering in the workshop ;)

#15 ·
These things are the sh!t !!! Picked mine up In New york today charged it up, made a bit of a screw up and ordered mode 2 but even flying mode 2 instead of mode 1 i can hover the MSR around my hotel room.

Now i normally fly R/C gliders and elect powered models as i said mode 1. i have flown a couple of other electric heli's occasionaly getting a hover but normally ending up with a parts list,

It really says something that i could pull The MSR out of the box charge it and fly it around my hotel room in the wrong mode and its still in one piece!!:thumb:

Now i just have to figure out how to change it to Mode 1

#16 ·
Mine arrived lastweek from Amain (ordered Sunday night arrived Thursday morning) . It's a blast to fly! I have been flying it at my work ...

I binded it with my JR9X radio and this thing can be quite challenging for experience pilots when you set the D/R to full and high NEGATIVE curves on cyclics. At the same times it can be set up to hover itself and very slow cyclics movement for beginner.

My setup is
FlightMode1 for relaxation, hovering, slow flying under table and between table legs :D and small spot landing.
FlightMode2 for FFF
FlightMode3 for extreme cyclics (very responsive) good for practicing the cyclic reflexes.

Great heli. Recommended.

#20 ·
GOT IT GOT IT GOT IT

Now waiting until the kids are asleep and the wife is at work, and i will have a play...

#21 ·
Never flown a Heli before. What a cool little jigger.

Once i trimmed it(it still need a little more work) IT was cool.

Was able to get it to hover quite easily and before the battery went flat was able to fly it around a little.

Up and down hover and pirros.

now waiting for the battery to recharge and have another go soooon

#23 ·
Very cool little machine,

even for a clutz like me, i was able to get it up and hovering and manovering.

Really need a bigger room to enable to get a real handle on whipping it around.

#24 ·
What a great little machine, still screwing around with the trim as it will hover nicely, but if u spin the tail it then starts to wander....

But still a great little heli, might take it to work tommorrow and play with it in the factory, where there is heap room...

#26 ·
If you have a Walkera 4#3B don't bother buying an MSR The 4#3B very close to the msr in my opinion I have both.

#27 ·
Ok these things are so easy to fly that i have managed to break mine anybody know where i can get parts from? I'm in brissy until the 5th of Nov would like to get it back in the air asap, I need the bit that the blade bolts to that then goes to the head any ideas who stocks parts in Australia?

#32 ·
Mode 1 has throttle on the right stick , mode 2 has throttle on the wrong (Left) stick ..

There's no real improvement with either mode , basically it's whatever you like , are happy with , and can get help on !!

I fly Mode 1; Chris ,Mr AUSRC , flies Mode 2 , we still talk to each other!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.