Australian RC Forums banner

newcastle bashing

10K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  _dV 
#1 ·
hey there just wondering where some good bashing spots are in newcastle with a few jumps and such cos maitlad is to far to go for 30 mins and car parks are boring , also i have a truggy if thats any help and is there anyone in the newcastle area who is keen for a bash ??

#3 · (Edited)
i've been here which is an abandoned quarry up the back of speers point. quite good, lotsa hills and flat areas and places to do jumps. fairly stoney though which can be a bit harsh

also been pointed to here near glendale\cardiff heights. apparently an old council storage site but haven't got a chance to try it out yet

i've seen dirtbike guys hanging out here just out of edgeworth. looks interesting

maybe this should be moved to 'Bashing Spots and Tracks'

#6 · (Edited)
BluWhale: At the end of Hopkins St there is a gate that you can just walk around.

I've checked out the one near glendale\cardiff heights and it seems it's still used by the council but there's nothing in there but a large flat dirt area and the odd pile of sand\dirt\aggregate that the council seem to store there temporarily. Have had some good fun jumping in there.

One of my friends also dicovered this area when he was 4WD'n. Some nice clear dirt areas with varying terrain sandwiched between the fire trail off hillsborough rd\Warners Bay and the Golf club.

Still haven't checked out the Edgeworth area i linked previously.

#7 ·
Went and checked out the Edgeworth fire trail area last weekend. It's similar to the trail off hillsborough rd\Warners Bay in that there is an area to the side of it that dirt bike guys use a playground. You can see it just to the above left of where the firetrail starts on the google map link. If you drive past where the fire trail starts you will go over a small bridge in probly couple hundered metres, then just after the 2nd guide post on the left you can drive in onto a dodgy dirt road.

It not quite a nice as the hillsborough rd\Warners Bay area, not as clear, bit rougher surface and some garbage and large rocks sitting around to be aware of. some nice hill climbs though and found a couple of nice jumps

#8 ·
Drove at the skate park that is next to the Maitland offroad club track a few weeks ago. Had a blast so i went looking for something closer to home.

Found a skate bowl at the back of Elermorevale shopping centre. It's a smallish sorta oblong skate bowl with round ends. On one side there is a downhill bit to land on towards the drain that runs along side that you can see. You can get a bit of height if your game landing on that side. It's just cool fun just learning how to drop in and jump\hop out at diff angles. One thing though, it doesnt have metal pipe embedded in the rim like some do so grinds are a bit harsh.

There are also grass fields either side for hooning around on.

#12 ·
Yeah Glendale is a good spot to be, I'm at Cardiff and there's a little council yard (quarry looking area) along side Reservoir Road there. What weapons have you got to bash with?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.